Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Electronics Expert question?

Started by Dr, May 23, 2010, 11:25:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr

HeairBear: If this AB switch you speak of requires 120 Volts to power it I am still screwed ???

the_big_m_in_ok

Quote from: Dr on May 24, 2010, 09:53:32 PM
HeairBear: If this AB switch you speak of requires 120 Volts to power it I am still screwed ???
I knife switch can be made to handle 120VAC.
It might look like a kluge, though, but it should work as an A/B switch.

--Lee
"Truth comes from wisdom and wisdom comes from experience."
--Valdemar Valerian from the Matrix book series

I'm merely a theoretical electronics engineer/technician for now, since I have no extra money for experimentation, but I was a professional electronics/computer technician in the past.
As a result, I have a lot of ideas, but no hard test results to back them up---for now.  That could change if I get a job locally in the Bay Area of California.

MrMag

Dr.

I think you will have to look at the intercom system. When someone presses the button to talk, there should be some type of relay that is energized. You can use the power connections of this relay to pull in a second relay. The second relay can then be used to switch between speaker. Or maybe easier yet, see what voltage is on the push button and just use that.

To hook up the second relay you would need 2 sets of contacts on it. the common contacts to the speaker. The normally closed to the stereo. The normally open to the intercom. Really shouldn't be that hard.

Hope this helps

HeairBear

Quote from: Dr on May 24, 2010, 09:53:32 PM

A switch doesn't use power really. It just changes the path of the power. Don't confuse a normal on/off switch with an A/B switch. You can use a switch rated for 120V if you need to. Radioshack may carry what you need also, if you don't have any on hand.

You do have alternatives to wiring with wireless solutions too. Is the intercom system already built in? Is this intercom system a one way or two way communication system? If you by any chance have unused phone lines in the home, you may be able to set up a PBX style system for a broader range of options. CableTV and power lines can also be utilized for comm systems if the need arises.
When I hear of Shoedinger's Cat, I reach for my gun. - Stephen Hawking

Dr

Thanks everyone for your help, I beleive I have it now!!! :)