Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Working Air Battery

Started by lasersaber, June 08, 2010, 11:39:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bizzy

Quote from: conradelektro on July 24, 2010, 05:30:17 AM
@ MarkSCoffman

Yes, I was too fast; concentrating on the "voltage addition" in a voltaic pile, while we seem to get a "current addition" in the Russian battery. Good thinking Mark!

See the attached drawing. I guess you see it like that? (The Russian inventor in 1918 probably intended such a hook up?)

I like the idea and will try it.

For higher voltage one would need several such batteries in series.

You are right, it is important to keep copper and zinc apart. I got problems with that when experimenting with similar piles or stacks. My voltaic pile had to be very "dry" to work properly. Already a little moisture between the touching dissimilar metal plates caused heavy corrosion and soon voltage loss.

I looked at the voltaic pile because one only needs to make a connection to the top and bottom plate. As I found, the connections to the plates are also a problem. Connection-wire and plate should be of the same metal in order to avoid corrosion problems.

Greetings, Conrad
Hi Conrad
What are you using to seperate the copper and zinc layers?
Thanks
Bizzy

b_rads

Quote from: Bizzy on February 17, 2011, 09:59:07 AM
Where can I find Jeanna’s Epsom Salt electrolyte?
Many of the members here would soak their separator material before wrapping the magnesium around the core.  Many different solutions have been tried.  @jeanna used Epsom Salt diluted in water with good success.  Various materials such as paper towel, t-shirt material, etc. have been used as the separator.  I personally like coffee filters.

BTW - the cell I posted Monday is still going strong.
Brad S

Bizzy

Quote from: b_rads on February 17, 2011, 10:56:22 AM
Many of the members here would soak their separator material before wrapping the magnesium around the core.  Many different solutions have been tried.  @jeanna used Epsom Salt diluted in water with good success.  Various materials such as paper towel, t-shirt material, etc. have been used as the separator.  I personally like coffee filters.

BTW - the cell I posted Monday is still going strong.
Brad S
Hi Brad,
At first I was thinking of using cotton. However I relazed I don't have much aof a gap between the magnezium rod and the outher copper wall. So I was thinking of using mascing tape like lasersaber did in his first video. I have enough material for 5 cells so I is my gola to set them up with various dielctrics bewteen the carbon and magnesium todetermin which is best.
Bizzy

Bizzy

Good Morning
This is a picture of my working "air" battery
Each cell is made of copper casing with a copper plug bottom. A thin layer of activated carbon at the bottom. A magnesium rod is covered with mascing tape and incerted inside and more activatred carbon is filled in. I poured a shot glass full of water into each cell and hooked them in a series. and the result is 5.96 volts.
Currently I am running an led on just 2 cells to see how long it runns.
Bizzy

Pirate88179

Nice work.  Have you tired hooking it to a JT circuit?  With 5 volts I think you could light like 500 leds maybe.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen