Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

HHo and galvanized pipe

Started by Rictoven2, August 07, 2010, 11:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rictoven2

Hello everyone. I am new here an new to the HHO idea. I have seen many HHO generators made with stainless steel and have built a small working unit.
  Could some one please advise me as to why galvanized tubing or pipe is not used for this purpose. Many thank for any advice offered.

CompuTutor

Perhaps your familier with the electroplating process,
the process of plating something with another metal.

Like gold or silver as example.

This is achieved (Over simplified) by placing the item,
and the metal you want plated to that item in a liquid bath.

Skipping over the contents of the bath too,
apply a plus charge to one item,
and a minus charge to the other.

Simple so far.

Here is where you need to get the point.

The doner metal (Gold, Silver, Etc.) also
gases off in reaction to the chemicals in the bath.

Even if that bath is only plain water for HHO,
there is plenty in standard tap water to do harm.

Now, think really low grade crappy metal,
then add "Lead" to the crappy metal.

At this point it should be obvious why
you should never ever use low grade mixed metal,
much less LEAD to anything to do with gas generation !

It's your first post, so I'm being real nice here...,
but please read more on this before posting please.

Stainless Steel in the alloy range of
316L is a fair comprimise for use,
the compromise being the release of some
hexavalent chromium gas and so forth.

Happy reading dude, welcome to the forum. :)

Rictoven2

Thank you for you eloquent response to my question. On the subject of reading more on this before I post: Why do you think I came to a forum specific to the subject?
Having used the search engine and the yeild being less than satisfactory I was hoping some one was able to point me in the proper direction or provide a reference.
Thank you for providing the limited information you could accompanied by an unnecessarily verbose response which was inversely proportional to its informative value.

Being a chemist, I am aware of lead in metal alloys. I am also aware of hex chrome. How is handling one toxic by product any different from handling any other toxin? It is not a compromise at all unless in some way the galvanized product does not perform as well.
Perhaps a more informative response would have been: The electrolytic process used to galvanize the metal is reversed during the generation of HHO gas thereby exposing the ferric substrate which allows rapid oxidation at the cathode and anode.
But I understand that arrogance is far simpler than education.

Hope

Welcome to OU  )         I think the best solution to date is Ti plates,  but burning in a plasma burst seems to clear the air nicely.   Grumpy just needs coffee still!  Have fun reading the long list of posts on this subject, you may form new ideas not found in books still.   Beware of discouragement and those dealing it, some are well intentioned and a few are intentional.  Did you all see John Hutchinson's joined the group? (hope it is him)

mscoffman

Quote from: Rictoven2 on August 07, 2010, 11:18:55 PM
Hello everyone. I am new here an new to the HHO idea. I have seen many HHO generators made with stainless steel and have built a small working unit.
  Could some one please advise me as to why galvanized tubing or pipe is not used for this purpose. Many thank for any advice offered.

If what I suspect is the origin of the extra energy for OU HHO production
is correct, then the surface of electrodes may be compromised at a
depth that exceeds the thickness of standard galvanized plating/coating.
Is something to consider.

:S:MarkSCoffman