Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

potential energy

Started by SPANG, August 08, 2010, 10:22:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparks

In a pendulum it is all potential energy.  Because mass in motion has inertia which of course is just another form of potential energy.  As the weight is at its lowest point it's velocity and therefore its inertia is at its greatest.  There is conservation of inertia at work as bearings are heated metals or ropes are stressed air is displaced.  That is why the pendulum will never return to same heigth.  Energy is lost from the system due to friction.  If each and every time the pendulum came to rest a small amount of weight was added to it and the same weight removed at the bottom of the arc then you would have a perpectual machine.  There are a group of people doing this.  They pump water to the top of a tower add it to the air that is at rest above the ground and have it drop through a turbine.  The gain is from solar of course because that is what got the air light enough to rise in the first place.  The water acts like a pendulum the mass of air the weight added when the water is at rest high up in the tower.
Think Legacy
A spark gap is cold cold cold
Space is a hot hot liquid
Spread the Love

SPANG

Alexioco,
           All I'm saying is: a perpetual motion machine, that is
CONSTANTLY supplied with a downward force, WILL WORK!
A device that uses weights as its source of power, will NOT
work, because each weight will have some form of potential
energy  ----- unless, each individual weight is connected
in some way ----- like to a chain, for instance ----- then it
becomes a CONSTANT supply of downward force ----- NO
POTENTIAL ENERGY!
Unfortunately, a perpetual motion machine, has yet to be
built, to either prove or disprove, my theory!
Up untill now, NO perpetual motion machine has been built!

SPANG

Correct, P-Motion,
                         If an object is CONSTANTLY moving -----
it can have NO potential energy!
It is totaly imposible!
BILL.

SPANG

Jim,
        Thanks for your reply.
With regard to the drawing you submitted;  It looks as if the energy gained from the weight dropping,
might be lost as the rotating wheel tries to bring the weight back to its starting position. Your drawing
is lacking in detail ------------ the type of detail, that would give me more clues to make a deffinate
decission with.  If you could be more specific (more detail), I would be in a better position to make the
neccessary diagnosis!
GOOD LUCK.

BILL.

SPANG

SPARKS,
           There is something I must say about your pendulum analysis;  If a pendulum has a piece of its
weight removed, it might well 'overbalance' ----- but it would NOT be a pendulum any more ----- it would become a perpetual motion machine!  If it becomes a perpetual motion machine, then it would contain NO
potential energy ----- it does not stop and start, as a 'true' pendulum does. For potential energy to exist, it must have a BEGINING. In the case of a perpetual motion machine, it is CONSTANTLY rotating, and therfore contains no potential energy!
All perpetual motion machines contain potential energy TO START WITH, but once started, contain no potential energy.
BILL.