Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Patent announcement

Started by brian334, August 10, 2010, 09:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinn_MP

Quote from: brian334 on January 13, 2011, 03:51:47 PM
To get a patent
on a invention the invention must have what the patent office calls utility. Utility means some value. Or to put it differently a invention
that does not have any value is not patentable. Therefore the U.S. patent office thinks these gravity powered machines have some value.

The first half of your post is true (about utility), the second part is not... Nowadays, they patent anything, as long as you pay them (the authorities) the fee....

There are literally hundreds of thousands of "worthless patents" currently valid ...

So, what's the difference?
Patents are mostly "The Joke of the week" stuff...
???

TinselKoala

Here's a patent that describes something that actually works:

Method of swinging on a swing
United States Patent 6368227
A method of swing on a swing is disclosed, in which a user positioned on a standard swing suspended by two chains from a substantially horizontal tree branch induces side to side motion by pulling alternately on one chain and then the other.

the_big_m_in_ok

Quote from: TinselKoala on January 14, 2011, 07:10:03 AM
Here's a patent that describes something that actually works:

Method of swinging on a swing
United States Patent 6368227
A method of swing on a swing is disclosed, in which a user positioned on a standard swing suspended by two chains from a substantially horizontal tree branch induces side to side motion by pulling alternately on one chain and then the other.
I saw the patent and the 2 reference patents.  I don't see how this one improved on what someone already had invented.  To get a patent, something usually has to be improved over "prior art", in most cases, right?

Who is going to improve on demonstrably obvious physics?  A "swing" is about as simple as inventions come.   ::)

--Lee
"Truth comes from wisdom and wisdom comes from experience."
--Valdemar Valerian from the Matrix book series

I'm merely a theoretical electronics engineer/technician for now, since I have no extra money for experimentation, but I was a professional electronics/computer technician in the past.
As a result, I have a lot of ideas, but no hard test results to back them up---for now.  That could change if I get a job locally in the Bay Area of California.

brian334

You can get a patent on a improvement of a invention , or you can get a patent on a new invention. I have a patent on a new invention.

brian334

Some people that post here can not understand any thing more complicated than a swing.