Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

What is over unity?

Started by brian334, August 14, 2010, 01:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brian334

Low-Q

Quote from: brian334 on August 14, 2010, 01:27:00 PM
What is free energy?
Over unity are a result of something that give mor energy than it can consume.
Free energy isn't neccesary over unity. It can be any form of energy we do not have to pay for.

Vidar

Pirate88179

Vidar:

I agree totally.  Free energy and OU are not the same.  I get free energy from my earth batteries and joule thief circuits every day but they are not OU, at least not yet anyway. (I am always hopeful)

I am still surprised how many times these terms are confused both on here and other sites including Youtube.  I have had many Youtube comments telling me that free energy is impossible even though they just saw it in my videos.

I once began a topic here on this very subject a few years ago and you would not believe the arguments and lack of any agreement on what these terms mean.  I was very disappointed because if we are searching for OU and free energy, if we don't know what it is, or at least can't agree on what it is, how will we know when we find it?  Who will agree that it is truly OU?

This is an interesting problem and probably one of the many reasons I am here.

Again, great post.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

conradelektro

"FREE ENERGY" seems to be the only useful term.

When an "OVER UNITY DEVICE" is described (and for my argument it does not matter whether it works or not) there is always some mysterious energy source which is allegedly tapped. Often it is called "zero point energy" or "energy from the back EMF" or some other strange term.

So, an "OVER UNITY DEVICE" converts some mysterious "FREE ENERGY" into known energy (electric current or torque). Of course one can doubt, that this is possible, but this is not my point.

In other words, there is only conversion of one form of energy into an other form of energy. If the energy to start with exists in abundance, one may call it "FREE ENERGY".  An "OVER UNITY DEVICE" converts a mysterious or not yet known form of "FREE ENERGY" into a known from of energy without input or with very little input of a known energy (in case it really works).

"OVER UNITY" is therefore a very confusing and even unnecessary term. "USING A YET UNKNOWN FREE ENERGY" would be better.

A windmill uses the "FREE ENERGY" commonly known as "WIND", and a submerged windmill http://www.atlantisresourcescorporation.com/marine-power/atlantis-technologies.html uses the "FREE ENERY" known as "TIDES".

A Bedini Motor (if it really works as some claim) would use a unknown "FREE ENERGY" somehow related to the back electromagnetic force.

In the end it is just "terminology", but "OVER UNITY" is a very bad choice of words which hinders discussion because it implies the violation of widely accepted physical laws (e.g. conservation of energy).

Saying that an unknown energy has been found and that one tries to use this unknown energy with a new device, would be much less controversial.

Atomic energy was not known a hundred years ago and now there are power stations making use of it. I can imagine that there are many more "FREE ENERGIES" in the universe and that machines can be constructed to use it. And these not yet found "FREE ENERGIES" and these not yet built machines have nothing to do with "OVER UNITY".

Greetings, Conrad