Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

How do you relate Henries to Gauss?

Started by rukiddingme, August 21, 2010, 08:15:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rukiddingme

For example, if I have an inductor that produces 1 henry and it has a .75" diameter X 10" long metal core with 1000 permeability, how do I figure out how many gauss this electromagnet will produce?

I've looked a lot, but I can't find reference to this.

MrMag

Wouldn't it be a function of the applied voltage? Meaning, the gauss would change as the voltage varies.

rukiddingme

Yes, it would change, but voltage is implied in the unit measurement of one henry.

sm0ky2

H = Ohm * s = (J*s/C^2) * s = (J * s^2)/(Amp * s  ^ 2)
    = (W * s^3)/(A)(s^2) = W*s / Amp = J /Amp
--------------------------------------------------------
1 Gauss = (10 ^-4 Kg) / C^2 * s = (10^-4Kg)/(Amp)(s^2)
or
1 Gauss = (10^-8 J)/Amp * cm^2

see,. heres the problem....
either way you look at the magnetic field, you have this extra variable.. either in dimension or in mass.

Gauss or Tesla, is a complex Unit.  like Joules
it contains the integrals of of the derrived units
like force, acceleration, amperage, mass, area

Henries, Ohms, Amps,.. these are components of the larger picture.

The way you would need to go about this, is to use the electromagnetic equation, with the dimensions of your coil
and by the current (Amps) you can determine how many Gauss the coil would produce.

looking at it like that, ( in Teslas, which is 10^4 Gauss)

T =
4(Pi)(10^-7)*(number of turns ^2)*(Amps)/ (Length)(Area^2)

Hope that helps.

I was fixing a shower-rod, slipped and hit my head on the sink. When i came to, that's when i had the idea for the "Flux Capacitor", Which makes Perpetual Motion possible.

gyulasun

Quote from: rukiddingme on August 21, 2010, 08:15:26 AM
For example, if I have an inductor that produces 1 henry and it has a .75" diameter X 10" long metal core with 1000 permeability, how do I figure out how many gauss this electromagnet will produce?

I've looked a lot, but I can't find reference to this.

Hi,

You may find these links useful if you go through on them carefully:

http://sci-toys.com/scitoys/scitoys/magnets/calculating/calculating.html

http://www.electro-tech-online.com/electronic-projects-design-ideas-reviews/85249-electromagnet-strength.html

If you do not know the B-H curve for your metal core, then if you  know its material, perhaps somewhere on the net or in a textbook you could find it.  Otherwise, you may wish to choose a core with known B-H curve or any calculation can be only an approximation if neglecting the permeability change during excitation, your result may be close to the truth but not so precise.

rgds,  Gyula