Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Anyone know how to build a big battery? - several 100 Ah

Started by ivorycelt, September 10, 2010, 04:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivorycelt

Was a while ago, but i came accross someone who built a battery (possibly/ probably lead acid, i dont remember) But it was swimming pool sized in a cellar.......  Does anyone know how i could build say 24v 500-1000ah to deep cycle and be able to recharge (from wind/solar etc)
Are there better technologies now than lead acid?  Practical back yard tech - Serious sensible replies only please.

nievesoliveras

Why build a battery like a pool, when with two already made batteries you get the 24v and save space.

Jesus

ivorycelt

Hi Jesus.
Thanks for enlightening me to 'series' 'parralell' - Brilliant!
Maybe i should have explained.
Am looking for a way to build (home made PV - no problem) and (multiple cells) = battery storage in Africa  - Doesnt matter how big or how much effort - smelt down old lead batteries if need be to make new plates? - What matters is least number of cash dollars needed. - And i am assuming, less efficient = bigger physical volume/space - not an issue. Recycled/ home grown materials = best!  Dave

nievesoliveras

I dont know how to melt down metals.  But this is my secret recipe for battery treatment.

Take the battery with both hands and lift it at hip level. Then give it a good shake side to side for a minute.

then take the cell caps off and take out the battery liquid on a plastic recipient and let it settle down.
The dirt will settle to the bottom of the vesel.

Make a gallon of water with at least 6 spoons of baking soda and fill the battery with that and let it aside for an hour.

After an hour without taking the cell caps off, shake the battery again for a minute or so. Then take out the baking soda water mixture and flush the battery with tap water.

Put it with the cell holes down and let it dry for an hour. After, fill it with the acid you put on the plastic vesel making sure the dirt stays on the vesel and do not enter back in the battery.

Give it a 15 minutes charge and test if it has any power. If it has, let it aside for another hour and retest.

If everything is okay, you have an almost new battery!

Use it as any new battery. I mean, charge and discharge it normally.

Jesus

ivorycelt

Thank you Jesus.
I shall try that one while i am still here in UK.
Guess that would work better when flat/ low acid content.
Would be good to know what happens on a chemical level.
Any other ideas, contributions welcome!