Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

UN to appoint space ambassador to greet alien visitors

Started by gravityblock, October 20, 2010, 01:47:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulbz

Quote from: ResinRat2 on October 20, 2010, 03:06:37 PM
So, if you don't want us to prejudice our search, how would YOU search for nano-sized aliens? How would YOU do it? ???

Shove a sock over the end of a vacuum cleaner, switch it on and wave it about, then put the sock under a microscope and start searching  :P

Na, only joking, but you ran straight into that one  ;D

[me]Ducks down, as rotten tomatoes and other fruit and veg starts flying[/me]
Best regards.
Steve Ancell.

Rosemary Ainslie

"Opinion is divided about how future extraterrestrial visitors should be greeted. Under the Outer Space Treaty on 1967, which Unoosa oversees, UN members agreed to protect Earth against contamination by alien species by “sterilising” them."

LOL  We'd first have to catch them to sterilise them.  Good gracious.  Hope they can't read here or they'll likely get a bit aggressive.  Nothing quite as argumentative as a young bullock getting castrated.  Hopefully that Unoosa charter's been cryptically encoded.  Or maybe our visitors won't be able to read.  One hopes so, in any event.   ;D 

"Mrs Othman is understood to support a more tolerant approach."

Thankfully it turns out that Mrs Othman is rather more broad minded.  I find it intriguing that we assume we can impose any kind of restraint on a species that's mastered interstellar flight.  I rather suspect we'll find ourselves intellectually outclassed.  God forbid.  LOL

armagdn03

Quote from: ResinRat2 on October 20, 2010, 07:38:04 AM
This would be easy to understand. LOL!

Quote from the article:
"But Professor Stephen Hawking has warned that alien interlopers should be treated with caution.

He said: 'I imagine they might exist in massive ships, having used up all the resources from their home planet. The outcome for us would be much as when Christopher Columbus first landed in America, which didn’t turn out very well for the Native Americans.'"

just gotta say....
Steven Hawking is ridiculous, and out of touch with reality.

In "who killed the electric car" they estimate that with current technology, we could power our nation with a 10mile by 10 mile plot of solar cells in Death Valley. Double this, and we could be desalinating water, scrubbing carbon dioxide, reducing salts from desalination into useful metals, electrically decomposing waste polymers etc. etc. etc

It is also known and open to the public that the patent office classifies any solar cell over 20 percent efficient.....

We could easily remain at our current rate of consumption, AND repair our world, AND recycle ALL waste we make....

If we have it now.....WHY THE HELL WOULD ALIENS NEED OUR PLANET TO REPLACE THEIR DEPLETED RESOURCES????? They must be even dumber than us....somehow I doubt it.

(not a rant against you GB, Hawking is just...off...in my opinion)
I wish I could turn my brain off sometimes, then I could get some sleep.

osiris

the ALI ENS ARE DAMM SMART .. just like to play dumb .... ;D

but can tell you in 10 words or less how convert pyritte to gold ...

:D

OSIRIS

gravityblock

Quote from: armagdn03 on December 02, 2010, 01:43:37 PM
just gotta say....
Steven Hawking is ridiculous, and out of touch with reality.

In "who killed the electric car" they estimate that with current technology, we could power our nation with a 10mile by 10 mile plot of solar cells in Death Valley. Double this, and we could be desalinating water, scrubbing carbon dioxide, reducing salts from desalination into useful metals, electrically decomposing waste polymers etc. etc. etc

It is also known and open to the public that the patent office classifies any solar cell over 20 percent efficient.....

We could easily remain at our current rate of consumption, AND repair our world, AND recycle ALL waste we make....

If we have it now.....WHY THE HELL WOULD ALIENS NEED OUR PLANET TO REPLACE THEIR DEPLETED RESOURCES????? They must be even dumber than us....somehow I doubt it.

(not a rant against you GB, Hawking is just...off...in my opinion)

I never said anything about Steven Hawkings in this thread, so I think your comment about Hawking being "off" was in reply to ResinRat2.

Take care,

GB
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.