Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

litmus test fail by milehigh

Started by WilbyInebriated, November 20, 2010, 10:03:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WilbyInebriated

Quote from: Rick Friedrich
What is also very helpful is that the video is in two parts. The beginning has an old (2000) Energenx promotional video which gives an excellent explination of what the Bedini's company has done and is capable of doing. Several older models are presented and explained. This is followed by more continued dialoge (from the volume 1 in this series) with Tom Bearden who tells us more about John's unique childhood of grinding rocks to make numerous transistors, and later some of his training and early work in the service and audio industry.

to which milehigh replied:
Quote from: milehigh
What?  Grinding up rocks to make transistors?  I am not an expert here but I am 99.99% certain that this is an impossible thing for a teenager to do.  This is equivalent to the John Searle story where as a 16-year-old boy in post-war England where rationing was still enforced he miraculously managed to build several flying saucers.

LMFAO... milehigh doesn't even know you can make your own transistors. yes, milehigh you are not an expert. that is the truth.

epic fail of litmus test, and thus as per the great milehigh and farrahday, i shall now follow their great logical fallacy and toss out anything else they may have to say as garbage because they failed the litmus... ::)

a picture of the original transistor is included below... it is easily seen that nearly anyone could make one with a small amount of effort and tools.
There is no news. There's the truth of the signal. What I see. And, there's the puppet theater...
the Parliament jesters foist on the somnambulant public.  - Mr. Universe

WilbyInebriated

here is the litmus test i am applying. as described by milehigh and farrahday...

from http://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?topic=413.25
Quote from: milehigh
Sometimes in life there are litmus tests for people.  I like to use car analogies sometimes.  Supposing you just bought a $200K Mercedes Benz and you bring it to the dealership for its first check-up.  You speak to the mechanic and by chance you realize that he doesn't know the difference between a metric and an English ratchet set. You would be completely mortified and in shock and not let your car be serviced and never go back there again.
like you not knowing that a transistor can be hand made milehigh?

and here is farrahday's cute response:
Quote from: farrahday
Here, here, MH.

I have to say that I totally concur with this line of thinking. Everything I read is instinctively subjected to my own version of the litmus test, and should obvious errors become apparent, then alarm bells ring and the whole post, paper or article immediately becomes suspect.  Like you, I find that once I'm aware of very fundamental errors, then it's very hard to take anything seriously thereafter. I for one simply can't trust the information or claims from a person or persons when they are seemingly not up to speed on the subject they are discussing or totally oblivious to their own blatant blunders. And this is in no way meant to be a reflection on the person as an individual, good and bad don't come into it, just right and wrong.
errors like your repeated use of logical fallacies? fallacies like this litmus test... fallacies like:
Quote from: farradayDon't you see Chet, if I can't provoke him into replicating his claims, then that's because he can't!

::) so, i am barely interested in milehigh's or farrahday's opinions because they unknowingly failed a serious litmus test and thus their credibility is zero for me.  ;)
There is no news. There's the truth of the signal. What I see. And, there's the puppet theater...

ramset

WOW

A steel cage match!!
A battle of the Titans!!

Sweet!!

Chet
Whats for yah ne're go bye yah
Thanks Grandma

poynt99

Quote from: MileHigh
Hey Guys,

I stand corrected, I just missed that!  I remember building a crystal radio, I wonder if they still sell the kits.  They supplied a commercial diode with those kits of course, and not a "cat's whisker."

Amazing, I will have to keep it in mind if I am ever stranded on a rocky island and need to build an S.O.S. transmitter!  lol

MileHigh
question everything, double check the facts, THEN decide your path...

Simple Cheap Low Power Oscillators V2.0
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=248
Towards Realizing the TPU V1.4: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=217
Capacitor Energy Transfer Experiments V1.0: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=209

WilbyInebriated

LOL!  now he remembers... after ion, loner and some others set him straight?? LOL

i wonder how long he would have argued... anyways it's just another attempt by milehigh at using his pseudoskepticism to assassinate someone's character. i wonder how he thought the transistor was originally invented? does he think a 'genie' showed up at bell labs and crossed her arms and wiggled her nose?

the guy is pathological.