Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

machine converts plastic into oil @ 20cents a litre

Started by jikwan, November 21, 2010, 01:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramset

Resin
It's An OU concept of sorts?
Gives the poor man a resource he never had,turns Garbage into a product!

I do see why it would be hard to "Mainstream",or get investors and such,The regulations would regulate it into a loosing proposition in no time.
However It has great potential if approached in the "smart"
way.
ie, from an environmental perspective and recycling a resource previously considered "garbage"[gov't funding]

To know the Cycletime from start to finish ,garbage in gas out /watts used per liter  of gas ,would be great!!
Chet
Whats for yah ne're go bye yah
Thanks Grandma

ramset

Jikwan
I see you fixed the link!![or it fixed itself]
Quote:

One kilogram of plastic produces almost one liter of oil. To convert that amount takes about 1 kilowatt of electricity, which is approximately ¥20 or 20 cents’ worth.
From Here
http://ourworld.unu.edu/en/plastic-to%20-oil-fantastic/

A No Brainer!!
Chet
PS
ResinRat what would the byproduct be
Could we play with this here??{a Hillbilly still of sorts?]

Edit
Would be really cool to use the sun [parabolic dish and focus lense] to heat this up!!

Thanks Grandma

jikwan

it gets interesting.......

Giant microwave turns plastic back to oil

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn12141

part of the article.....Similarly, running 9.1 kilograms of ground-up tyres through the Hawk-10 produces 4.54 litres of diesel oil, 1.42 cubic metres of combustible gas, 1 kg of steel and 3.40 kg of carbon black

they have these fantastic machines and we
dont know of it?
zen is the art of seeing everything and noticing nothing

ResinRat2

Quote from: ramset on November 21, 2010, 12:12:07 PM

ResinRat what would the byproduct be
Could we play with this here??{a Hillbilly still of sorts?]

Edit
Would be really cool to use the sun [parabolic dish and focus lense] to heat this up!!

You would need a lot more than sun to heat it up. Getting a container-full of plastic would have to be heated above 450°F. I have never broken plastics so I have no knowledge of what it would take exactly. Talk to a Chemical Engineer.  Since plastics are long hydrocarbon chains you are breaking the bonds into shorter chains. Gasoline is like 5 to 12 hydrocarbon chains, and these would boil over in the distillation unit as soon as they are formed. LOL!  I guess this is like a hillbilly still. In a hillbilly still you are boiling over ethanol, which is a two carbon alcohol.

Chevron lists the boiling point of their gasoline as 100-400°F. So as soon as the plastics start to crack you will be boiling over the by-products. You will also be getting off gases like methane, ethane, propane, and butane. These will be lost. Pentane is highly volatile but will be one of the first liquid portions formed. Then come the other hydrocarbon liquid chains.

This actually seems interesting. Collect all the plastics and form your own volatile gasoline mixtures. It would be hard to do quality control though. You need to do fractional distillation to further refine the mixtures, and this takes more specialized distillation equipment. Maybe not too possible for the backyard "still" type of chemists (LOL!). You don't want to form "Racing Fuel" to use in your car; and unless you can further analyze the mixture by using Gas Chromatography you will never know what you have.

This might be better handled by Companies set up to do this type of refinement.

RR2

Research is the only place in a company where you can continually have failures and still keep your job.

I knew immediately that was where I belonged.

ramset

ResinRat
Quote:
You would need a lot more than sun to heat it up. Getting a container-full of plastic would have to be heated above 450°F

http://cleantechnica.com/2009/08/30/backyard-solar-dish-melts-steel/
Thanks Grandma