Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

small tesla project

Started by salty58, August 18, 2010, 10:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nievesoliveras

I have wo questions:

1. Is this possible?
2. Can anyone with the circuit already done and an extra flyback can try it?

Jesus

Ps
Also two 9v batteries can be used instead, changing the 100ohm with a 1k.

kooler

Quote from: nievesoliveras on November 24, 2010, 09:31:56 AM
I have wo questions:

1. Is this possible?
2. Can anyone with the circuit already done and an extra flyback can try it?

Jesus

Ps
Also two 9v batteries can be used instead, changing the 100ohm with a 1k.

i don't know about feed back but i do know.. that i had the same setup with a 9 volt
and by adjusting the spark gap closely.. you can get the input draw down to 20 ma's and still have a good spark..
i was getting 281 volts from ferrite transformer i made on the SG side.. but i didn't try to feed back..
but i will try after turkey day..

robbie

nievesoliveras

I will wait to see your results. It would be great if it works right!

Jesus

xee2

My circuit drawings had the wrong part number for the transistor. The correct part number for the Jacob ladder transistor is MJE13007. Sorry, I have a bad habit of leaving out one zero.

TinselKoala

Neat stuff ! I love a little Jacob's Ladder.

Here's mine, using a 555 timer as the oscillator (so as to be able to vary frequency and duty cycle), switching a 2n3055, driving an ordinary 12v automotive ignition coil.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNL8QTS0sM0

I've got another one, using a more complicated circuit and a CRT flyback, that is audio modulated...it "sings" when plugged to an audio source. The amazing thing is that the sound begins to occur, with great fidelity but low volume, at voltages that are just short of making a visible spark.

The key to getting big voltages from your secondary is to switch your primary with as fast a rise/fall time as possible: that is, as square-edged pulse as you can manage. (Induced voltage is proportional to the rate of change of the inducing field).
For really _really_  high voltages, then, it follows that you need to avoid saturating your secondary cores with your driving pulses, and that these cores have to be low in inductance. Hence, the use of air core coils, which make it possible to take full advantage of VRSWR (voltage rise from standing wave resonance) in tuned, matched coils driven by square-edged pulses.
With flybacks and auto ignition coils, with their heavy inductances and saturable cores, it's hard to get over 50 kiloVolts; 20 or 30 kV is more like the usual operating range. The same circuit, driving tuned quarter-wave aircore resonators, can get close to ten times that voltage.