Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Repair of DC motor ...

Started by DeepCut, December 08, 2010, 01:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeepCut

Hi.

I'm trying to repair this DC motor (it is from a car-buffing tool) and the only thing i can see that may be wrong is two ends of a piece of wire, i'm pretty sure there should be no loose ends of coil in a motor (i'm a noob don't forget) and there are two loose ends:

http://www.mediafire.com/?4calhoas74dd9x9

http://www.mediafire.com/?v4tderqh510ow4a

I know nothing about repairing DC motors but this seems wrong !

So, i'm thinking i have to get to the two ends in order to reconnect them, the trouble is there is a little metal ring holding the bearing down, which is stopping me from removing the plastic end-cap :

http://www.mediafire.com/?3ekoslf85ly55gi

I have tried thin-noes pliers, stanley-knife, etc ... but i can't get the bloody thing off, and i want it to remain intact so that i can replace it after i've repaired the wire-break.

I've googled and can't find what this ring is called or if there is a special tool for it's removal/replacement ?

If anyone can help i'd be grateful.

Thanks,

Gary.

TinselKoala

I can't tell from the first two pix where the broken wires are.

The clip is a snap-ring of a type commonly called "circlip" or "e-clip" or even "c-clip". It rides in a groove in the shaft. You can use needle-nose pliers carefully to separate the ends enough to get the clip out of the groove, then slide the clip off the end of the shaft. If you distort the clip you can bend it back into shape with the pliers. If it breaks, or if you need to break it to get it off, you can get a replacement "e-clip" most likely at your local hobby shop. It might not look exactly the same but as long as it fits in the groove in the shaft and prevents end-play it will be OK. I have even temporarily replaced these clips with bits of steel wire.

DeepCut

TK thanks very much, i tried with long-nose but they were too thick at the ends. I'll grab a special circlip pair when i'm next in the shop.

Thanks again :)

Gary.

FatBird

You can buy DC motor brushes on Ebay.

DeepCut

FB, thanks. Brushes are fine i just have to get to the wires and i know what i have to do now :)