Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Perpetual batteries from Vasilescu-Karpen

Started by exnihiloest, January 08, 2011, 06:20:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

d3x0r

Quote from: profitis on July 23, 2014, 05:39:11 AM
I'm so glad you asked that question about them shoving carbon plus nickel together d3xor..if you look in karpens patent he gives an example suggestion of nickel with carbon.this is because oxgen gas spillover happens very nicely from carbon onto nickel improving catalyst activity if they are stuck 2gether.oxygen spillover is quite strong from MnO2 onto nickel.you must use solid chunks pyrolusite for best conductivity and power as it is slightly semiconductor.you must etch it with HCl for surface area otherwize power is small.what you can try is electroplating a layer of MnO2 onto graphite rod(from a battery,make sure its been dewaxed on a hotplate) as an anode and another graphite rod as cathode in a solution of MnSO4 and a few drops H2SO4.it must be rinsed thouroughly in warm water before use in the karpen cell.anode graphite:Mn2+ + 2H2O > MnO2 + 4H+ + 4e-,cathode graphite:4H+ + 4e- > 2H2
The reaction at the end is the 'rinse with warm water'?  which means electroplating Mn onto a graphite rod and not MnO2?  Otherwise I'm confused, there's no cycle there...

http://www.newark.com/pdfs/techarticles/kemet/Replacing-MnO2-with-Conductive-Polymer-in-Tantalum-Capacitors.pdf
tantalum caps are actually sintered pellets not crystal...

was researching sources of MnO2, where it comes from, etc.. and it doesn't usually occur crystalline...
http://www.mindat.org/min-3318.html
Usually found as matte-black powdery to fibrous crusts, sometimes in botryoidal aggregates or columnar, more rarely as druzes of small prismatic to tabular, dark grey metallic crystals.
Morphology:Crystals are uncommon, either long or short prismatic parallel to [001] or equant; more typically found as earthy powder or fibrous aggregates as crusts on rocks; sometimes as botryoidal aggregates, more rarely as druses of microscopic crystals.
Never found as dendrites despite old literature. [The obsolete term "polianite" was once used to refer to crystalline pyrolusite, which was assumed to be a different species than earthy to crusty pyrolusite.]

Can get powders from sigma-aldrich; although they seem to be well overpriced on some things...
graphite stirring rod -12", 1/2" Diameter $4.32

sigma aldrich - 1mm diameter, 100mm length $200.10

22 Gauge Nickel Sheet 6 x 6 Inch  $12.50

(onlinesciencemall.com)
Nickel Chloride - 10g $4.50
Hydrochloric - 12M; 30ml $8.75  seems awfully concentrated... HCl 1L 0.2M $22.70   30ml of 12M could make 1.8L of 0.2M...
MnCl hexahydrate(6H20?) 30g $5.25

so... some graphite stir rods... some chlorides for electroplating?  This is looking like a fun project :) 
Although it will probably fail overall like my polypropylene barium titanate+strontium titanate  electret :)

---
Platinum Plating Solution for tank plating 250ml £93.75

profitis

No d3xor.after plating graphite with MnO2 just stream some hot water from the tap over it to rinse all the acid off.you won't have to go through too much trouble to make manganese chloride.if you take the MnO2 out of a cheap chinese non-alkaline battery(alive or dead),shake it with hot kettle water,let it sink to bottom of glass,throw out water,shake again with kettle water,let sink to bottom of glass,throw water out,take the black mud and throw it into conc hydrochloric pool acid(30% HCl) and warm it in testube.it will dissolve forming manganese chloride and chlorine gas(be careful,ventilation).this is then ready for MnO2 electroplating.a lot of chlorine will form at the graphite anode along with a high surface area MnO2 pitchblack layer.you will need 2 dewaxed graphite battery rods to do this electroplating.foryour nickel-plate solution just take 2 pieces nickel(two nickel meshes or coins) and shove them into dilute hydrochloric pool acid and pass dc current through them from a phone charger or battery.nickel will dissolve off the anode and plate grey-black onto other nickel cathode.you have to make sure your coins are mostly nickel tho Cu10%-Ni90% is fine.the mesh from NiMH or NiCd bats is pure nickel.etch both pieces nickel in pool acid by heating for a few mins before passing current

profitis

If you do decide to order manganese chloride mix it with some swimmingpool sodium bisulphate(for ph balance from the harware store) and dissolve and electroplate.

d3x0r

Just a status update on non-karpen pile :)
I reassembled my stack of carbon/aluminum plates using silicon glue.
Using just distilled water the voltage end-to-end is 20V and can drive 3 5V LEDs in series (not at full brightness of course).
Emptying that and adding 1 Tbsp calcium carbonate to 3/4 cup of water (approx) (and stirring for minutes until no more was going to dissolve) the voltage end-to-end is 1.62V, across 100k resistor is .230V (23uA), and cannot light a red 1.5V LED.  The voltage immediately drops to 1.3V even with a 100ohm resistor; using 100k resistor doesn't drop voltage, but LED also does not light....
I had let it sit for a while and it built a charge to 2V.  But once I shorted that with the LED to 1.3V goes up 1.6V quickly (even after a dead short) to over 2V in a minute or so... I guess the CaCO3 ends up inhibiting the reaction.

I've been powering my kacher torch for 17 hours on 2 AAA batteries with 15-20mA draw.  When I had a hand crank generator (one of the leads broke and Isn't practical to fix; well actually with this new conductive glue maybe I can manage something) it generated 12V and 350mA, which was almost reasonable to charge a supercap to power the light... but 350/15 is only 20:1 ... so 1 second charging = 20 seconds runtime... not entirely sure why there's such a huge runtime current... but that's a different matter. 

d3x0r

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec5Ydsf1dT8&list=UU_qnstrfqLzopNGSWP5lOng&index=2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYXzzTSJATU (lots of various combinations ... nickel mno2 for instance)
dry pile
MnO2  & aluminum or zinc
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zamboni_pile

http://amasci.com/emotor/duluc.html

". Of course this is simply a Voltaic Pile, a multi-cell electrochemical battery, albiet one with output potential in the range of kilovolts. Each cell used nearly-dry paper as electrolyte, with zinc foil for one electrode and silver foil as the other. "

SOME DRY-PILE HOMEWORK PROBLEMS:
If the Franklin's Bell constitutes a capacitance of maybe 5 picofarad (5E-12 Farad,) and if it is connected to a 1KV constant voltage battery, how small must the battery's internal resistance be in order to recharge the capacitance of the bell device several times per second? The minimum resistance in ohms may suprise you, it is very high and should easily be achieved even by a stack of non-moist paper disks. A Dry Pile won't run if its paper is totally dessicated, but usual environmental humidity is enough to keep it working.

A 1.5v AA cell can provide about .5 ampere for 1 hour before being exhausted. If the Dry Pile has about the same energy density as a double-A cell and is about 30 times larger in volume, how long will it be able to operate the Franklin's Bell at a recharge rate of several times per second? The answer in years is impressive. These devices were called "Electric Perpetum Mobile." While not truly perpetual, they could outlast their creators by quite a few centuries!