Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Perpetual batteries from Vasilescu-Karpen

Started by exnihiloest, January 08, 2011, 06:20:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

exnihiloest

Hi ex.,that tiny url wouldn't load it said there was some kind of error,thanx anyways.

Please try again. Perhaps a network or server problem at free.fr.
http://exvacuo.free.fr/div/Sciences/Experiences/Piles/
(File: N Vasilesco-Karpen - Pile permanente - FR577087A en.pdf)

exnihiloest

Quote from: shylo on January 09, 2011, 08:41:34 PM
I beleive that heat is the key,but not neccesarly in that it can be used for gain,if we could send all generated heat to a specific location,capture it, turn it into something usefull, dissipate it I believe this is where the answer lies....heat, vibration,pressure and oasicilation,..they all seem to be the same thing........shylo

The heat is necessary when there is no chemical reactions, as it is the only possible source of energy.
Here we have redox potentials but without possibility of chemical reactions. Therefore this prevents a current to flow when we loop the external circuit at the electrodes. Nevertheless there is still a transition time during which current flows until the equalization of the potentials at the electrodes (then the cell is depolarized). This process is supposed to be endothermic and when we break the circuit, the environment heat allows for the re-polarization of the cell by a reverse process. It is what I understand from Karpen's patent and other papers.

exnihiloest

I tested cells with different metals in a saturated solution of sodium hydroxide. The metals were chosen so that they don't react with NaOH.
The potentials were between 0.3 and 1.2v. The best result was with a carbon anode and a cathode in a ferromagnetic metal (probably steel or iron) whose the whole surface was coated with an inoxidizable metal. I don't know what is this metal, it has rose and green iridescence -see photo-.

The voltage goes up to 1.2v. When the cell is charged with a 100 ohm resistance, the voltage drops instantly to about 0.8v (= 8 mA, 0.48 mW). Then it slowly drops to 0.21v after 1 mn. If I open the circuit at this moment, the voltage increases. After 1 mn: 0.62v, 3 min: 0.73v, 5 min: 0.80v, 9 mn:0.92v

Apparently there is no chemical reaction, the electrolyte and the electrodes remain clean, nevertheless it can't be formally proved because the involved quantity of electricity is too weak.
The time for the cell to recover its full voltage is very long relatively to the duration of the voltage drop when charged. 

So we can say that Karpen's battery works. All this confirms Karpen's observations, but also his difficulties to prove beyong any doubt it is a Maxwell's demon. To prove it definitely, we need temperature measurement (which should drop when current is drawn), but the current is too weak to expect for an effect.

Now we have to increase the current and to shorten the time for depolarization but I don't know how.

dutchy1966

Quote from: exnihiloest on January 16, 2011, 11:00:21 AM
Now we have to increase the current and to shorten the time for depolarization but I don't know how.

Does it help if you stir it?

Regards Dutchy

yssuraxu_697

Try larger surface area and/or mass and charging a low voltage cap.