Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Parallel Charging Shows Overunity

Started by ibpointless2, January 11, 2011, 12:05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ibpointless2

I know that putting the word “overunity” in a title maybe a bold claim but what would you call a simple system that has more voltage over time?

We all know that capacitors when shorted out will give a bounce back voltage when the short is removed. That effect is not what i’m talking about, the effect i’m dealing with has more to do with the captret effect. The captret effect is really become many things, but the one we’re dealing with is the self charging when using capacitors. Many people who had played with the captret circuit such Plengo, who is doing great work with the captret tesla switch, have seen a self charging effect. Why does this happen? Thats a hard question to answer when you haven’t done the simple experiment i’m going to show you.

The experiment is really simple, so simple you may laugh at me for making such bold claims.

All you need is two capacitors and two alligator clips. One capacitor must be bigger with more microfarads, don’t use super caps. For my big capacitor I used a 220uF 50V capacitor and my little capacitor I used a 1uF at 400V. In order for this to work the big capacitor needs to be at a higher standing voltage than the little capacitor, my big capacitor started out at 238.6mV and my little capacitor started out at 24mV. To keep things fair you must have a standing voltage on both capacitors, that means both capacitors must sit not connected to anything for at least 12 hours. When both have a standing voltage record both standing voltage of capacitors. Now using the alligator clips connect the big capacitors positive lead to the positive lead of the little capacitor and the other alligator clip connects the negative leads of the big and little capacitor together. Now let it sit for a few hours or even days.

Depending on your capacitors this is what should happen: The big capacitor will try to charge the little capacitor, so the big capacitor goes down in voltage while the little one goes up until both are equaled out. Now this is where it starts to get crazy, both capacitors will go up in voltage, above the starting voltage of the big capacitor. My setup started out with the big capacitor with a standing voltage of 238.6 mV, now both capacitors read 397.0 mV. I’ve have not added any power and I don’t keep the meter connected. For some odd reason capacitors hooked up in parallel can self charge above the starting voltage, which by some people definition is overunity.

TinselKoala

It's not likely overunity, unless static electricity and the earth's field counts as OU.

Those who "know" always keep a shorting jumper across the terminals of their really large capacitors. By hooking your caps in parallel you have increased the total capacitance. Caps, especially electrolytic caps, are like "charge magnets", they will suck up charge (read voltage) from the environment if it's there to be sucked. Lots of things determine the voltage attained: the leakage current vs. the charging current, mostly, and thank goodness, the charging current from the environment is very small. But big caps can actually build up a dangerous amount of charge in the "right" environment if you let them.

exnihiloest

Quote from: ibpointless2 on January 11, 2011, 12:05:11 PM
We all know that capacitors when shorted out will give a bounce back voltage when the short is removed.
I know that putting the word “overunity” in a title maybe a bold claim but what would you call a simple system that has more voltage over time?

I would call it a redox reaction. Only chemical capacitors charge a bit themselves. The cause is chemical reactions at the interface metal/electrolyte, question of depolarization as in any cell. This dismisses a phenomenon that would be due to the capacitors principle. Nothing else here than a conventional phenomenon.

To avoid chemical reaction and possibly get a Maxwell demon with a cell, see http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=10208

e2matrix

Considering the amount of EMF in the air in most environments and even the energy field generated by a person I don't find it too surprising that capacitors could pick up a charge from the environment.  Just laying out the leads from a sensitive voltmeter you can see it picks up voltage from the environment and usually the more they are stretched out the more voltage you get.  But still capacitors might be doing something more than just picking up regular EMF.  It's something to look at. 

exnihiloest

Quote from: e2matrix on January 13, 2011, 02:10:33 PM
Considering the amount of EMF in the air in most environments and even the energy field generated by a person I don't find it too surprising that capacitors could pick up a charge from the environment.  Just laying out the leads from a sensitive voltmeter you can see it picks up voltage from the environment and usually the more they are stretched out the more voltage you get.  But still capacitors might be doing something more than just picking up regular EMF.  It's something to look at.

It's not the reason. It would not explain why only chemical capacitors are concerned. For charging from EM fields, a rectifier would be needed. There is none in a capacitor, and no diode effect.