Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

COLD FUSION SUCCESS

Started by riccardom70, January 14, 2011, 03:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pix

Hi Nickle989,
In my place 2 stage oil vacuum pump up to 0.2Pa costs about 250-600$ depends from brand name. One stage pump is cheaper, but makes only about 10Pa.
Vacuum pum could work long time, it is designed for such reqime.
Freon recovery units typically have hermetic piston compressor, they are  5 times more expensive and do not pull such low vacuum like rotating vane 2 stage oil pump.I have seen guys use them to pull vacuum instead of recover refrigerant, and left working too long compressor gets damaged.Proper technique is to use recovery unit for recovering refrigerant from the system, then for removing moist use vacuum pump-because this takes longer time. I do not mention triple purging of system,because it is not the topic.
Nickel need to be annealed  under as low vacuum as possible, the lower-the better, to release all possible gases trapped from crystalline structure.This had to be repeated.
In one of the interviews Piantelli mentioned that his labolatory help student forgot and left cell under vacuum for a long period of time.When they returned to lab and begin experimenting with that cell and introduce hydrogen- excess heat was enormous.Also at one of forums somebody mentioned that Nickel powder has to be kept under high vacuum and above 240 degC for a week to purify.
So, a good vacuum pump is a must for that stuff.

Regards,
Pix

Earthrise

A new YouTube video is up featuring Nobel Prize winner Dr. Brian Josephson giving a favorable opinion of Dr  Rossi's E-Cat device. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8eIhth8Iw8  Also, a company in Greece Defkalion Green Technologies is going to manufacture the modules. Their website is: http://www.defkalion-energy.com/

Cold Fusion is not junk science. It is a suppressed technology. It has been ridiculed and kept under wraps for almost 22 years. Instead of being recognized as the true pioneers they were, the careers of Pons and Fleishman were trashed. MIT fraudently altered its test data in order to claim failure to confirm Pons and Fleishsman's work. The prestigeous journal the American Institute of Physics refused to print the proceedings of its sessions on Low Energy Nuclear Reactions, what is known popularly as cold fusion.

A very interesting article on cold fusion is at
http://the-explorer.com/cold-fusion-the-black-swan-of-energy/2011/3429611.html/

Here is an excerpt:

"By using nickel and ordinary hydrogen, several researchers have significantly increased energy output and reduced costs. In 1992, Thermacore, a U.S. military contractor ran a cell for nearly a year with a 50 Watt output and 3X excess energy. In 1996 Dr. Sergio Focardi of the University of Bologna in Italy described an experiment using nickel & hydrogen that produced an average excess power output of 39 watts continuously for 278 days. There are a dozen competing theories to explain how nuclear reactions can produce so much energy without emitting dangerous radiation. Theories are helpful but not necessary. We still don’t really know how permanent magnets work, yet we use them every day. Practical applications can be developed experimentally, just as Edison developed the light bulb."

pix

>>In 1992, Thermacore, a U.S. military contractor ran a cell for nearly a year with a 50 Watt output and 3X excess energy. <<

Hi,
This Thermacore experiment was based on Dr.Randell Mills hydrino theory, and he was involved.
"Fathers" of this technology are Mills,Piantelli,Focardi.
At that time Rossi was herding a sheeps.Rossi is only clever enterpreneur and he is for the money.Big gains of energy in Rossi E-Cat are only because of orders of magnitude larger reaction area of nickel powders.
I wouldn't be surprised if his "mysterious catalyst" is one from Blackightpower openly publicised elements  ;D.
Thermacore,Piantelli cells used small amount of Nickel metal in form of rods or wire, so surface area was much smaller.

Regards,
Pix

Earthrise

Rossi is an interloper. Piantelli was the discoverer of the Ni Hydrogen process. His name should be on the patent instead of Rossi. Rossi bought his way in. Piantelli for some reason was excluded from the deal. He is not even referenced as having done doing prior work.

Pons and Fleishman also should have gotten a Nobel Prize for their discovery of LENR, also known as "cold fusion".

The most compelling argument for a nuclear reaction going on inside the reaction tube is an account of an accident Piantelli had early on with his experiments

"Piantelli didn't know how hot the experiment had gotten before he killed it because the monitor eventually blacked out. However, the metal thermocouples inside the cell melted. This told him that the temperature exceeded 1450 C. Understandably, he was angry because these experiments take a long time to run and he had to abandon it prematurely."
http://newenergytimes.com/v2/news/2008/NET29-8dd54geg.shtml#pf

A chemical reaction would just blow up and make the vessel into a bomb. I can understand why Rossi was so nervous and attentive monitoring the test demonstration now.

mscoffman

My feeling is that Cavitation LENR and Rossi Nickel LENR
are partially two different phenomena. Cavitation LENR
pretty much has to be initiated by the colapse of the
vacuum cavitation bubbles in water. It's difficult to see
how these cavitation bubbles of the appropriate parameters
can produced in the hydrogen gas. I propose that in the
case of Nickel metal, Wigner array dislocation energy is
the initiator. This dislocation energy has to be produced
in the fuel by irradiation inside a standard high flux nuclear
reactor before the Rossi Reactor will run. Both processes
than use the lattice assisted LENR backend process to amplify
phonons to produce heat output. I suspect that the "activation"
of the Nickel metal catalyst is a code word for this "neutron
activation" probably by alpha particles that puts additional
energy into the metal lattice. It is this energy that causes
the Rossi reactor fuel to play out over time. If this is case
the two process have very different economic and implementations
and structures.

The problem with cavitation/electrolytic LENR is that water
that forms the basis of it's TCB operation also limits the hot
side reservoir temperature to 100 degrees C boiling. This severely
limits the delta temperature in the Carnot heat engine cycle
which will be required to produce upgraded energy. In an ICE
engine, which compares to the 400 degree C. Rossi high
side temperature, a Carnot limit of about 33% is expected,
anything less will be a hindrance as excess heat must be
radiated into the environment.

My feeling is that Rossi is not who he claims to be relative to
Defkalian and if he is then the company has got problems.
He seems unaware of SPC statistical process control as used
in modern manufacturing.

:S:MarkSCoffman