Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Polarity flipping circuit ...

Started by DeepCut, January 21, 2011, 10:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeepCut

Hi.

I've googled for hours now and can't find an answer, i hope someone can help me :)

Is there a simple circuit that can take a DC input and flip it's polarity at a specific frequency ?

Thanks,

Gary.

fritznien

depends, how much voltage and currant at what frequency.
try looking up an H bridge.

Bob Smith

DeepCut,
The remarks by Jesus and others re the 555 timer chip circuit and polarity switching in the Lee Crock thread might be of help:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=9123.msg260166#msg260166
Bob

TinselKoala

Also depends on what you consider "simple".

The H-bridge is very versatile and can be used from DC on up to many megaHertz depending on components and construction.

My TinselKoil uses 2 H-bridges: one made with 2 NPN and 2 PNP silicon RF power transistors, to take the low-current positive pulse output of the TL494 controller chip and boost the current while flipping polarities. The output of this stage drives 2 toroidal phase transformers, which make oppositely-phased outputs to drive the gates of the second H-bridge.The second bridge is made of all N-channel MOSFETS, which take the higher input voltage to the coil primary and chop it into sharp positive and negative pulses to produce the fast dB/dt that makes the secondary swing like a quarter-wave whip. IGBTs can also be used here.

The high-power H-bridge is a bit more complicated as it requires diodes for surge and overvoltage protection for the transistors.

In this video I am driving the H-bridges at about 800 kHz and the high-power section is switching about 6 amps at that frequency.  This is about the top of the frequency range for the kind of construction I am using: busswire and breadboard. To go higher in frequency or power, a well-designed circuit board with low-inductance current paths is necessary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DjcRPSljB4

DeepCut

Thanks very much chaps, that's plenty to be getting on with.

Cheers,

Gary :)