Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Recharging a capacitor in a different way.

Started by stevensrd1, March 30, 2011, 12:49:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_big_m_in_ok

Quote from: ibpointless2 on April 13, 2011, 09:15:05 PM
Are you "stealing" electricity or are you still being charged for using the hot wire?

A very neat idea for charging a capacitor.
I was under the impression that if the power doesn't interact with the Neutral line side or socket Ground, it's not going to affect the power meter you're being charged utility bills with.

At least that's my theory.  To test?  Eliminate all ghost or phantom loads in your house/apt/work space.  Then measure voltage and/or current while looking at the billing meter yourself for any reaction(movement/digital number changes), right?

Be careful for the wattage involved!!  One mistake could be your last, especially using 220VAC.  Very, VERY risky!!

--Lee
"Truth comes from wisdom and wisdom comes from experience."
--Valdemar Valerian from the Matrix book series

I'm merely a theoretical electronics engineer/technician for now, since I have no extra money for experimentation, but I was a professional electronics/computer technician in the past.
As a result, I have a lot of ideas, but no hard test results to back them up---for now.  That could change if I get a job locally in the Bay Area of California.

stevensrd1

I would not say its stealing any electricity,,first of all its such a small amount of power,,however Im sure one could charge a very large cap, but that would prob take a few days..Second I think its working by induction,,or rather the energy thats naturally just wasted or leaking from the hot wire in the first place. But I dont think the meter knows anything either way,,unless it is sent back through the ground wire,,which goes back through the meter and into the earth. But looking at it from another angle,,one could make a novelty item from it,,clock that uses no power or something. On the power cord,,one prong being plastic,,using the other hot, plop up the clocks antenna and it would run a clock,,meaning something digital,,very low power. Of course many of us have done that with a crystal radio,,and it only uses a ground and an antenna,,but will power a digital watch too..Still neat thos,,thats why I mentioned it...

forest

that way I could charge 1uF 400V cap to 90V in 1/2 second from 12V battery using self-running relay
yes it works and it works good with grounding to iron
didn't checked with antenna, good point !

stevensrd1

I posted a video on a fast way to recharge a capacitor with a plasma ball at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ4ysq8mBnk

the_big_m_in_ok

Quote from: stevensrd1 on April 20, 2011, 02:15:36 AM
I posted a video on a fast way to recharge a capacitor with a plasma ball at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ4ysq8mBnk
@stevensrd1
Is that highly efficient in terms of power consumed compared to the power available in a fully charged capacitor?

--Lee
"Truth comes from wisdom and wisdom comes from experience."
--Valdemar Valerian from the Matrix book series

I'm merely a theoretical electronics engineer/technician for now, since I have no extra money for experimentation, but I was a professional electronics/computer technician in the past.
As a result, I have a lot of ideas, but no hard test results to back them up---for now.  That could change if I get a job locally in the Bay Area of California.