Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Romero's experiments and OU principles

Started by plengo, June 10, 2011, 08:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

energia9

Quote from: romerouk on June 14, 2011, 03:20:24 PM
This can be built with one solid wire too but we need to use capacitors...
Below are pictures with some of the coils I am going to use in my new project, single wire. Not all are ready, more work to be done.

Hello friend, where can i get these small holeless ferrite beads in the uk?  i have taken out 1 of the same one from an old pc powersuppliy, but, i have looked on ebay maplin and everywhere and i cant get them.. :S

EMdevices

Quote from: neptune on June 14, 2011, 02:51:13 PM
@EMdevices .That was a good solid post , full of wisdom ,but there is one point that needs consideration . You quote a frequency of5.76 kHz at 2400 RPM . However there is a sort of concensus that Romero`s machine worked at around 1200 RPM . So, a frequency of 2.88 KHz . Problem is , how did you arrive at that figure . There is a theory doing the rounds that the the "magnetic events" happening at a given coil happen at 8 times  as often as would appear at first glance . This is due to even number of magnets and odd number of coils . If you did not factor this in , then frequency becomes 8x2.88 KHz or 23.04 KHz . and this does not take into account the possible importance of harmonics . So Litz might yet be beneficial . Your comments please?

I did a more complete mathematical analysis in the other tread, but I'll repeat the basic calculation here (assuming all 9 coils are generator coils).

1) As the rotor turns,  every 5 deg of rotation a new magnet and coil align.     (because 360/8 = 45 and 360/9 = 40, so 45-40 = 5 deg difference)

2) So, in one rotation of the rotor,  360/5 = 72 magnet-coil alignments take place   ( these alignments have a higher velocity than the rotor,  somebody posted an animated GIF file showing this phenomena, it's worth seeing.)

3)  Each magnet-coil alignment produces 2 pulses, one positive and one negative,  so 72*2 = 144 pulses per one revolution of the rotor. (because rectification doubles the frequency)

4) So at an RPM of 2400,  we get:   144 * 2400/60 = 5760 pulses per second,   or    5.76 kHz

This was just an example, I realize that he operated at much lower speeds when powered at 4.5 volts.

I agree with the harmonic principles, good point.   However I will say that most of the energy is in the fundamental.

EM

neptune

@EMdevices . Absolutely spot on old chap! I am not the world`s best mathematician . However might I point out what may be a small mistake in your maths ? You say that as a magnet passes a coil , it causes 2 pulses ,one positive and one negative . You then proceed to calculate the number of pulses . However , in a Alternating current , one positive pulse followed by one negative pulse equals one cycle . So your final answer needs to be divided by 2 to give the correct frequency , being 2.88 Khz . I realise that this gives even more weight to your original argument against the necessity for litz . Also note the aRomero is using plain wire in his new project , albeit with a cap added . Feel free to correct me if I am wrong on the maths .
Doh ! just realised what you said about rectification doubling the frequency . Sorry .

EMdevices

(because rectification doubles the frequency)

neptune,  did you notice the above sentance in my previous post?     His FWBR rectifies the sine wave.  these are pulses into the output capacitor from all the coils.

EM

P.S.   Oh I just saw your edit.   I'm glad you notice it, but good question none the less.

neptune