Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Thank God for Replicators

Started by PaulLowrance, April 10, 2005, 12:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulLowrance

Dear Kysmett,

Thank you for the info.  I am trying to clear this up.  All I can do is quote what other people have said.  Please refer or even post at the following thread,

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/misc.legal/browse_frm/thread/cad68b3827840669/b8fb0991d9d99d67#b8fb0991d9d99d67

I would very much like to clear this up.  Could you please break down the advantages and disadvantages to publishing, patenting, and trademarks.

Thanks,
Paul

PaulLowrance

Dear Kysmett,

I would like quote a reply to your post,

"Trademarking would offer no protection to the device but would protect the phrase 'Fairy Palace'. Your competitors would copy your device, put it in a different typeof box, and sell it under the name "Houri House". This would probably not violate your trademark."

Does everyone agree with that?  If so, then how could a Trademark protect a device?  It's the device you want to protect, not the name.  Please explain.

Sincerely,
Paul

PaulLowrance

Here is another public statement in the misc.legal thread:

Quote,
+++++++++++
You're probably best off first applying for a patent, and then
publishing information about your device.
In most of the world, if your invention is published before you apply
for a patent, then you have lost your patent rights.  The United States
is one of the few exceptions; in the US you have one year to apply for
a patent after publication.
US patent law (and I believe world-wide) requires that the application
be made by a "true inventor."  If someone else were to read your
publication, and then apply for a patent on your invention it would be
fraud and a valid patent would not issue.
One disadvantage of publicly disclosing your invention prior to
applying for a patent is that others may publish or apply for patents
on related inventions.  This could limit the value of your patent.
I don't know exactly what you mean by "self-patent."  A patent is
a privilege conferred by a government - it gives you the right to sue
someone else for infringing your patented invention.
If by "self-patent" you mean apply for a patent yourself, the legal
term is a "pro se" application.  It is your right to file pro se
- at least in the United States.  You should know however, that
patent applications are complex documents and the patent office
procedures are quite involved.  You may wish to look at the US Patent &
Trademark Office website (http://www.uspto.gov/main/patents.htm).  A
list of registered patent agents and patent attorneys is linked to that
page.
Good luck,
------- ------
Registered Patent Agent
+++++++++++

Although, if you such an inventor has a legitimate free energy device, and you chose to first patent, then I strongly recommend that you mail the complete exact build instructions of such a machine to numerous trusted people.  If anything ever happened to you, then at least the world would get the technology.  Anyone who is seriously on the verge of building a legitimate free energy device is advised to set up such an agreement with people in advance.  It would be nice if such people could sign an agreement that they will not publish and/or patent such information unless they do not hear from you within a certain amount of days.

I would greatly appreciate any thoughts on this topic.

Sincerely,
Paul

BushWacker

Howdy Hi,  8)

About a year or two before Howard Johnson's magnetic motor/generator hit the news, I had already put the idea and information in a legally sealed package, along with a legal notice which was signed by three witnesses and stamped and signed by a legal notary public. I mailed the package to myself which provided the postal stamp and date that the package was mailed. I had the package placed in a large vault and then gave instructions to 12 people of whom I will not name, and instructions that upon my death or disappearance, the vault would be opened and the 12 people would then distribute the information as far around the globe as possible by various means. This was before the threats to my life, and may just be the reason I am still here guy's. Call me crazy, or whatever you like, but I had spent several years learning about patents, copywrites, trademarks, etc.., and no matter what you think about it all, or how much money you can afford to spend on all the legal stuff, there are multi-billion dollar corporations that can get around it all. I had talked to many lawyer's and patent experts, and even joined a state inventor's congress before finally learning the truth about all the details. If you are worried about someone taking credit for your idea's and/or work, there are people who have more than enough money to change written history if they want to. I'm not hear to argue, I just wanted to tell you what it had taken me years to finally learn. Everyone must make their own choices, and everyone has their own opinions.

Bush Wacker

PaulLowrance

Dear Bush Wacker,

Quote from: BushWacker on April 15, 2005, 02:08:11 PM
I'm not hear to argue, I just wanted to tell you what it had taken me years to finally learn. Everyone must make their own choices, and everyone has their own opinions.

Nobody is trying to argue with you.

If you are worried about someone taking credit for your idea's and/or work, there are people who have more than enough money to change written history if they want to.

No, I am trying to provide a means where by the inventor can provide as much assurance as possible that the invention can be controlled for the benefit of the world.  This has nothing to do with personal ego.

About a year or two before Howard Johnson's magnetic motor/generator hit the news, I had already put the idea and information in a legally sealed package, along with a legal notice which was signed by three witnesses and stamped and signed by a legal notary public. I mailed the package to myself which provided the postal stamp and date that the package was mailed. I had the package placed in a large vault and then gave instructions to 12 people of whom I will not name, and instructions that upon my death or disappearance, the vault would be opened and the 12 people would then distribute the information as far around the globe as possible by various means.

Good idea.  That's what I am also suggesting.  I'm open further details and ideas from anyone.

no matter what you think about it all, or how much money you can afford to spend on all the legal stuff, there are multi-billion dollar corporations that can get around it all. I had talked to many lawyer's and patent experts, and even joined a state inventor's congress before finally learning the truth about all the details.

There are no guarantees with anything in life Bush Wacker.  The idea is to increase your chances as best you can.  I do not subscribe to the mentality that if something's not a guarantee then why use it?  Rather, IMHO I'll take every advantage that I can.  Patents are no guarantee but from what I've heard so far it is by far the best option.  I am still waiting for anyone to provide some facts why a trademark is better than a patent.  Dave at the misc.legal has provided some good points.  He is saying that the Trademark protects the name, not the actual machine.  Are you still suggesting to these people here that they do a trademark rather than a patent or publish?

Sincerely,
Paul