Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Can I disable the video on the home page????

Started by Magluvin, July 08, 2011, 12:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magluvin

It is always on auto play?  One problem that I have and Im sure some others, some internet companies are limiting data per month, and the one I have is VirginMobile.

Every time im on the home page of OU.com, even if I pause the vid, it is still downloading content and eating my MB er GB for no reason at all, as I have already seen the vids.

Also it slows down an already slow site due to advertisements.

Mostly though, I want to curb how much unnecessary data usage is happening.  I get 5gb on an unlimited plan, but after 5gb my speed is slowed till the next payment.
I dont want to be slow. ;]
Mags

gyulasun

Hi Mags,

There is the Adblock Plus for instance as a good tool for such killing situations...
I use it embedded in Firefox browser.

Gyula

teslaalset

Quote from: Magluvin on July 08, 2011, 12:30:06 PM
It is always on auto play?  One problem that I have and Im sure some others, some internet companies are limiting data per month, and the one I have is VirginMobile.

Every time im on the home page of OU.com, even if I pause the vid, it is still downloading content and eating my MB er GB for no reason at all, as I have already seen the vids.

Also it slows down an already slow site due to advertisements.

Mostly though, I want to curb how much unnecessary data usage is happening.  I get 5gb on an unlimited plan, but after 5gb my speed is slowed till the next payment.
I dont want to be slow. ;]
Mags

I use Firefox + Adblock Plus.
It simply removes youtube and other stuff you want to remove from the homepage or any page.

gauschor

Or you'd use the Flashblock plugin for Firefox. It adds a small "F" button to each flash video. And the video is not loaded until you click on it.

Magluvin