Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Magnet Inductance Boost with Finemet nanocrystaline core

Started by gotoluc, September 07, 2011, 11:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gotoluc

Quote from: Magluvin on September 09, 2011, 08:16:04 PM
Hey Luc

I think the answer as to how and why is more complicated than just saying it increases inductance.  To test, run a slow freq sweep to the coil, no magnet , then sweep with the mag, and watch the scope. There may be differences at different freq than just measuring a larger inductor.

Have you tried the magnet to the outside of the core, like I did on the orbonbon? I even had multiple mags on the outer core that gave it an advantage for different configs.

Good to see ya back in action. ;]

Mags

Hi Mags,

thanks for dropping in a line.

Inductors sure have all kinds of interesting characteristics ;D

I'll play around with it and see if I can make a bonbon ;)

The magnet on the outer of the toroid does not do much, so position is important. It's at its best in the center of the toroid but not penetrating the opening.

Luc

gyulasun

Quote from: gotoluc on September 08, 2011, 10:47:32 AM
I have this model of FERROXCUBE: http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?SKU=3057010

However, I tried it before starting this topic and a magnet does not boost its Inductance. So I cannot accept your conclusion at this point that this happens in Square Loop cores. Something is different with the Finemet core.

Hi Luc,

Reading back last weeks posts I notice your link above shows a 3E5 material type core which has no square loop curve...  so maybe this explains why you have not got increase in inductance with it?

Dave referred to 3R1 material type that has square loop curve, Farnell has it:
http://uk.farnell.com/ferroxcube/tn23-14-7-3r1/ferrite-core-toroid-3r1-24mm/dp/179443 

They have with OD 36 mm too but at a much higher price:
http://uk.farnell.com/ferroxcube/tn36-23-15-3r1/ferrite-core-toroid-3r1-37mm/dp/179444

Gyula

gotoluc

Quote from: gyulasun on September 12, 2011, 06:31:50 PM
Hi Luc,

Reading back last weeks posts I notice your link above shows a 3E5 material type core which has no square loop curve...  so maybe this explains why you have not got increase in inductance with it?

Dave referred to 3R1 material type that has square loop curve, Farnell has it:
http://uk.farnell.com/ferroxcube/tn23-14-7-3r1/ferrite-core-toroid-3r1-24mm/dp/179443 

They have with OD 36 mm too but at a much higher price:
http://uk.farnell.com/ferroxcube/tn36-23-15-3r1/ferrite-core-toroid-3r1-37mm/dp/179444

Gyula

Thanks for looking at the topic and posting your reply Gyula

I thought these ferroxcube were the same other than size. I'm not going to buy more just to see if Dave is right. Also his Inductance gain was minimal so I don't know why it would be worth it.

What do you think of the Finemet test I did? do you see anything worth testing any further?

Do you agree with Kator01 explanation?

Do you agree with Dave's explanation?

Do you have your own explanation?

Do you think I should take apart the Finemet toroid tape and cut strips to make a solenoid style coil as Kator1 suggests to test it as motor or generator coil?

Sorry for all the questions but I need a little help on which direction to take next :P

Thanks for sharing

Luc

firlight

Quote from: gotoluc on September 13, 2011, 10:47:55 AM
Thanks for looking at the topic and posting your reply Gyula

I thought these ferroxcube were the same other than size. I'm not going to buy more just to see if Dave is right. Also his Inductance gain was minimal so I don't know why it would be worth it.

What do you think of the Finemet test I did? do you see anything worth testing any further?

Do you agree with Kator01 explanation?

Do you agree with Dave's explanation?

Do you have your own explanation?

Do you think I should take apart the Finemet toroid tape and cut strips to make a solenoid style coil as Kator1 suggests to test it as motor or generator coil?

Sorry for all the questions but I need a little help on which direction to take next :P

Thanks for sharing

Luc

Hi Luc
             Why don`t you use your toroid as a pulse motor driver they don`t half
motor you can get up to 10000 rpm no problem,use it edge on.
Regards Dave

gotoluc

Quote from: firlight on September 13, 2011, 04:54:23 PM
Hi Luc
             Why don`t you use your toroid as a pulse motor driver they don`t half
motor you can get up to 10000 rpm no problem,use it edge on.
Regards Dave

Hi Dave,

not sure I know what you mean by "they don`t half
motor" and "use it edge on"

Can you post more details, illustration or link so I can see what it looks like.

Thanks for sharing

Luc