Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Magnet Inductance Boost with Finemet nanocrystaline core

Started by gotoluc, September 07, 2011, 11:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firlight

Quote from: gotoluc on September 13, 2011, 10:57:31 PM
Hi Dave,

not sure I know what you mean by "they don`t half
motor" and "use it edge on"

Can you post more details, illustration or link so I can see what it looks like.

Thanks for sharing

Luc

Hi Luc
              English slang sorry!  "Dont half motor" means moves fast,speeds up.
have to go to the dentist now,will post pic later.

regards Dave

Here is pic of toroid motor looking down edge of toroid facing magnets on rotor.

gyulasun

Quote from: gotoluc on September 13, 2011, 10:47:55 AM

I thought these ferroxcube were the same other than size. I'm not going to buy more just to see if Dave is right. Also his Inductance gain was minimal so I don't know why it would be worth it.

Hi Luc,

Ok on the above quote, I meant to explain why the L did not increase for your 3E5 material (Dave has 3R1 material), that is all.

What do you think of the Finemet test I did? do you see anything worth testing any further?

Do you agree with Kator01 explanation?

Do you agree with Dave's explanation?

Do you have your own explanation?

Do you think I should take apart the Finemet toroid tape and cut strips to make a solenoid style coil as Kator1 suggests to test it as motor or generator coil?

Sorry for all the questions but I need a little help on which direction to take next :P

Well, I think the inductance really increases for the Finemet core in your setup shown in the video. The scopeshots can be explained as follows:

The moment you switch off the current in the magnetless case, it behaves as it should, the collapsing field induces a voltage with opposite polarity than the input voltage to the coil and then this changing voltage excites the LC circuit where L is your Finemet coil of 7.8mH or so and C is the stray and self capacitance of the coil. Because there is no any load across the the coil (except your scope probe) the voltage spike rings down as usual, its oscillating frequency is defined by L and C, and mainly coil losses dissipate the energy of this LC tank it got from the collapsing field.

Now on the scope shot with the magnet: the same happens at switchoff as before but there are two significant differences.
First, the input current is much less into the coil (as you measured it too) due to the nearly 4 times as high L value (due to the 4 times higher inductive reactance of L).
Second, the LC tank circuit has a much lower self resonance frequency than in the magnetless case, also due to the increased L. This involves the ring down frequency is at a lower frequency now and this is why the scope shot shows a wider curve. AND the lower spike's amplitude for the higher L comes from the much less input current: the energy content of the collapsing field is also less of course.

At the moment, all I could suggest is to somehow test the alleged Orbo principle: introduce a certain input current into the coil with its Finemet core and arrange for a permanent magnet to appear the moment the input current is switched off in the coil, then the collapsing field "should see" a nearly 4 times as high L inductance than the input current "saw".  I am not saying this gives energy gain, just a possibility...  To make the appearence of the permanent magnet motionless, I would suggest using an enhanced electromagnet (in front of the Finemet core), suggested by DMMPOWER here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=4624.msg96814#msg96814
This electromagnet adds together the flux of a permanent and that of an electromagnet. placing your two Finemet cores in front and behind of such electromagnet helps utilize the output flux at both of its ends.

rgds,  Gyula