Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

New forum software update done

Started by hartiberlin, November 14, 2011, 04:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WilbyInebriated

Quote from: hartiberlin on November 16, 2011, 02:39:37 PM
I think the XTHML errors have nothing to do with it.
they don't.
I have in a few blocks only old style HTML codes, but the modern browsers
can still support this like
<center> and </center> which is not valid anymore in the XHTML specifications...
<center> is deprecated and is no longer valid... but it still works. however, i wouldn't rely on it.  use style sheets, that is what they are for...

There is no news. There's the truth of the signal. What I see. And, there's the puppet theater...
the Parliament jesters foist on the somnambulant public.  - Mr. Universe

core

Quote from: Mark69 on November 16, 2011, 09:32:13 AM
Stephan, any chance you can stop the video on the home page from auto loading and running?  It is very annoying to have this happen every time one goes to the homepage.
Thanks

I agree and I think other members do also. Any chance you can change the 'autoplay' value to 0?

---Code:
<embed width="480" height="385" src="http://www.youtube.com/p/210363D8A2772090?hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;autoplay=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true">

Changing  autoplay=0 will load video but not play it until the users hits the play button.

-Core

WilbyInebriated

@mark and core...

use noscript or adblock. if site owners choose to be annoying and have audio or video autoplaying take matters into your own hands and don't allow it.
There is no news. There's the truth of the signal. What I see. And, there's the puppet theater...
the Parliament jesters foist on the somnambulant public.  - Mr. Universe

MasterPlaster

@Steffan,

Hello, I can not download images. Using firefox version 8.
look at the pinkfloyd image in the above posts,

I put my pointer on "1977-Pink Floyd.jpg",
the link location is dispayed at: "http://www.overunity.com/11691/new-forum-software-update-done/dlattach/attach/75123/"
after clicking, the save box comes up and when I save, the file name saved is "3opd959F.part".
I noticed that I can rename the file to JPG. I can then see the image but the quality of the saved image is not as good on the web page.

Thank you.

wattsup

I think the XTHML errors have nothing to do with it.
I have in a few blocks only old style HTML codes, but the modern browsers
can still support this like
<center> and </center> which is not valid anymore in the XHTML specifications...

Well I think it is more related to some cookie and security settings in the new
SMF forum software version.

I now changed again some settings and will see, if these 2 pics will upload again.

@stefan

Still does not work. I am sure the forward slashes are not OK.

OK, so I grabbed the source file. I did a find for all occurrences of " />" and replace these with ">". I used the simple find/replace feature and chose replace all. I then saved the file and opened it in my browser. I attach the file below so you can open it yourself and see the buttons are there and the "more attachments" works perfectly.

I know in OU research we should not be wasting our time on such frivolous questions, but, we do post here often and lots of guys use Firefox.

wattsup

Could not attach an htm file. No problem.
The file below 305782.txt should be copied to your computer. Then change the file name extension "txt" to "htm" or "html". Then right click it and open with your browser. Voila. No more hassles.

Added:

@stefan

Is it possible to add a Forum button on the top (where you have Home Community etc.) with this address http://www.overunity.com/pages/update/ on the front page. We used to have this in the old version otherwise @members willnever be able to find the Recent Posts.