Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Luxim Plasma Light Bulb Kicks Some Serious LED Butt

Started by powercat, December 21, 2011, 06:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

powercat

When logic and proportion Have fallen
Go ask Alice When she's ten feet tall

Mark69

wow gets to be 6000 kelvin inside that bulb.  Did it say how much heat comes out of the bulb?  I ask this because at that temperature, if there is surrounding residual heat, say around 3000F, you could dissociate the water molecule and get cheap hydrolysis.

powercat

When logic and proportion Have fallen
Go ask Alice When she's ten feet tall

e2matrix

powercat,  LED efficiencies have grown by leaps and bounds since 2006.  That article quotes LED efficiency of 70 Lumens per watt which was years ago.  LED's take a leap in efficiency every 6 months or so.  In May of 2011 Cree announced 231 Lumens per watt which far exceeds the efficiency of that plasma lamp.  That was over 6 months ago.  I've got several LED's that do over 200 Lumens per watt.  I've got a flashlight that's no more the 3.5" long by less than 1" diameter that puts out around 600 Lumens.  Ceiling bounce that and it's like a 60 watt light bulb lighting up the room. 

e2matrix