Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Re: A novel pulsed motor circuit.

Started by hoptoad, March 09, 2012, 01:42:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoptoad

I have recently performed some experiments involving counter emf in a pulsed motor and logged the data. For those of you who are playing with switched mosfets for use in pulsed motor circuits, the information I present may be relevant to you and your own experiments.

Go to this site   www.totallyamped.net/adams and read pages 12 to 14.

I hope the information contained therein is of some help.

Cheers from Hoptoad   .... KneeDeep

ALVARO_CS

Thanks so much
I´ve been learning a lot from the "totallydamped" page and used the schematics (2N3055 & reed switch) with very good results.(a year ago), also the No 19, with a diode in the bifilar drive coil works fine.
Here I have a lot of difficulties in buying Hall effect ics (nobody knows what these are) so, may u please publish the ref & brand
cheers

hoptoad

Quote from: ALVARO_CS on March 18, 2012, 02:19:04 PM
Thanks so much
I´ve been learning a lot from the "totallydamped" page and used the schematics (2N3055 & reed switch) with very good results.(a year ago), also the No 19, with a diode in the bifilar drive coil works fine.
Here I have a lot of difficulties in buying Hall effect ics (nobody knows what these are) so, may u please publish the ref & brand
cheers

Hi Alvaro,

Unfortunately the actual hall that I'm using in my current setup was bought over 20 years ago. The specs are unknown to me now as the
numbers have been rubbed off over time, and the original dick smith catalogue I bought it through has long since disappeared. The Hall I used has a 5-10Volt operating range.

However there are a variety of hall switches available that will do the same job.

Here is a link to one that would be a satisfactory replacement, it works at a lower voltage, so a voltage regulated supply to the hall is recommended.

http://jaycar.com.au/products_uploaded/ZD1902.pdf

Whatever hall you decide to use, it needs to be one which is operated (goes high) when exposed to one magnetic polarity, then turns off (goes low) when exposed to the opposite magnetic polarity.

Cheers.

TinselKoala

I like Allegro Microsystems Hall effect sensors. They make a wide range of them, they are cheap, reliable, rugged, and come in a wide variety of behaviours. They are also small. Most are available in 3-lead style as well as SMD device packages. You can order from DigiKey on the net and probably take delivery in three days.
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?KeywordSearch&FV=fff4001e,fff80480,fffc026c&chp=0

ALVARO_CS

@hoptoad & TinselKoala
thank you for your help.
An additional Question; do you think that opto switches would be better for control of pulsed motors?
I have salvaged a couple of these, from a discarded (junk) printer.
I can get from my nearest photocopy-shop a couple of cut opaque self adhesive vinyl discs, and superposing both disks one would be able to control the duty cycle.
Even it should be possible to make two or three gaps for the same pulse.
what do you think ?
cheers
Alvaro