Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Environmentally Friendly Hydro-Generator

Started by johnny874, June 09, 2012, 09:17:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnny874

@All,
This is an old idea of mine. I sent a letter to the editor of the Lexington-Herald and was surprised when they printed it. You see, this system could be said to be powered by gravity being manipulated. Just having a little fun there  :P
Everyone knows the tide changes because of the fluctuations in the Earth's gravity because of the effect our moon has on it.
The basis for this concept is that when the tide is moving in or out, it has surges. And if take the time to think about it, how much water is moving when water washes up on the beach ? If you were to go out a little ways, it could be tons of unused potential.
With this type of generator, when the tide surges in, it would compress a piston creating high pressure hydraulic fluid. This in turn would rotate a large disc similar to how a steam turbine works. Maybe there might be a more efficient way of converting one potential to another, but that can wait  :D
You see, when the tide moves out, it also has potential just as the under tow does.
And with a generator like this that would sit on the sea floor, it would also create a marine sanctuary which would actually help the sea life by providing a safe haven for smaller marine life.
edit; With the extra illustration I added, it was a variation where the tide flows through the generator from either direction. The only concern with this would be how corrosive salt water can be but might be the better of the 2 idea's. Of course, not sure how well this protect sea life which is necessary. Almost for got, large pistons could create a barrier between fresh and salt water sides. Would perform about the same work but would be easier on both the generator and sea life  :D  End edit

Jim

http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae278/bessler_supporter/HGlayout.jpg
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae278/bessler_supporter/HGmechanix.jpg

edited to add extra illustration

FatBird

johnny874

Quote from: mscoffman on June 11, 2012, 10:52:02 AM
And Canada;

http://fundyforce.ca/

Thanks for posting the link. I read some of it and will read more later.
Not sure but am thinking about demonstrating a basic sinkable float.
I'd expand it and collapse it manually just to show by changing the
volume of a float, then it can sink or float. Of course, it would be weighted.

Jim

johnny874

Quote from: mscoffman on June 11, 2012, 10:52:02 AM
And Canada;

http://fundyforce.ca/

mscoffman,
They say that one tidal array will use 3 turbines which will have 5 megawatts of power.
I think that is stepping up the game for free energy. Maybe I'll stick with perpetual motion.
something a working man can afford  ;)

Jim