Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

W = M*D/T

Started by johnny874, June 16, 2012, 09:38:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnny874

In considering the current explanation of work and it's relationship to energy, it seems that time is not a consideration.
While they give examples of how to calculate how much work is performed under specific conditions, it seems that if
a mass (1kg) is moved 9.8M in one second, then it would be the equivalent of 9.8N^2 or 96.04 Newtons of work. And if
the same 1kg of mass were moved in .5 (1/2) seconds, then it would be 1kg*9.8M/.5 = 192.08 Newtons of force.
It seems considering something like this helps to understand the energy requirements of a system or how much energy
could be expected to be derived from a system. This is something I have thought of while working on Bessler's Wheel.
The basic idea is if a weight drops a distance we will call x and I want to move water a distance y and in a certain amount
of time, t, then how much energy does x require to operate the system ?
In a sense, this is bringing science into engineering because mass and velocity are taken into consideration.

John
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Work_(physics)

edited to correct spelling and add that a 1kg weight has 9.8N(Newtons) of force, gravity's effect on it (why it has mass).
So if you consider that xy/t = work or it's equivalent energy in Newtons. Of course, md/t would be what everyone would understand.

johnny874

@All,
  In a sense, I have combined Newton's work with gravity and force and found a way that they
might work better with engineering. This would be by considering force in Newtons and relating
work to 1 second of gravity. It would be a basic standard that could possibly be more easily
applied to engineering than needing to convert Joules to understand how much energy a system
has, needs or can have extracted from it.

Jim

johnny874

Last post for the day on this, okay ?
What I now realize is that 1N/w or Newton of work is 1kg*9.8m/1s = 96.04 Newtons of Force.
This is a basic standard which could be applied to many things. for example, 1N of air is about 3.6 psi.
This is because 1kg/9.8 = .102. When converted to SAE it is the equivalent of 3.6 psi. Neat, huh ?
102 g = 3.59794 oz
http://www.metric-conversions.org/weight/ounces-conversion.htm

A simple way to discuss any idea using common values. What this allows for is being able to understand when
the amount of work that can be expected from a system. And if it is not realized, then it could be asked if it is
entropy, 2nd Law of Thermodynamics, resistance or proper flow has not been established. It does allow for
establishing a guideline based on accepted principles in science by using a standard valuation for force or energy
in an engineered system.

Bon Appetite
                                                                                                     Jim 

edited to add;
Something to consider, if 36 psi (liquid or gas) is acting on a piston with a surface area of 10^2", then it has a total value of 360.
If this value is divided by 3.6, then the answer is 100 newtons. This force would be equal to a 1kg weight moving
at 9.8m/s. Okay, there would be 3.96newtons left over  ;)

johnny874

Quote from: MileHigh on June 16, 2012, 01:18:53 PM
Here is a good link:

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/hph.html#mechcon

Hi Milehigh,
I think for this section of the forum, that might be a bit more than what people want.
Most of the values we work with are for bodies (mass) moving slower than 9.8m/s.
The link seems to be for those people who can relate to 300,000 kph (speed of light/magnetic behavior)
as a basis for their observations.

Jim