Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Air Temp Nitinol

Started by gadgetmall, July 03, 2012, 10:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reiyuki

Nice find Smokey.  Unfortunately it looks like the Java calculator link is dead, so I guess we'll just have to do it by hand  :D

This is the setup I'm going with.  A simple 115degF trained spring and a variable attachable mass.

For temperature control, I'm still deciding whether to just use current to contract the coil, or whether to go with a pump and controlled temperature water-drizzle system.  I'm concerned that simply attaching a thermocouple to the spring could lose a good deal of measurement precision.  Oh well, we'll just have to see.

tak22

You can learn a lot from these two sources, in particular the first one is a full teaching and learning package (TLP) that introduces the phenomena of superelasticity and the shape memory effect. It has quite good graphics and animations.

https://www.doitpoms.ac.uk/tlplib/superelasticity/shape_memory1.php

http://www-2.unipv.it/compmech/dissertations/zanaboni.pdf

The International Organization on Shape Memory and Superelastic Technologies (SMST) is a volunteer organization made up of industry professionals, scientists and researchers dedicated to disseminating technical education on the unique class of materials which exhibit shape memory and superelastic properties. http://www.asminternational.org/web/smst/home

tak

ramset

Good stuff indeed !!

setting up a wheel test bed for several experiments [including a floor twist drive off the axle

will be adding much more adjustability and other useful Gizmo's

Smoky has a recommendation for A crankshaft / Nitinol drive ,the pedal Assy will be a good test bed there. [the other half of Bike]

will be good to get the Kids interested in magnets , gravity /balance and nitinol/SMA  drive mechanisms ...especially now that I cut their bike in half  :o

Naahhh only kidding [its mine... :P
will be fun indeed !!

Whats for yah ne're go bye yah
Thanks Grandma

sm0ky2

Quote from: Reiyuki on March 03, 2017, 10:29:04 AM
Nice find Smokey.  Unfortunately it looks like the Java calculator link is dead, so I guess we'll just have to do it by hand  :D

This is the setup I'm going with.  A simple 115degF trained spring and a variable attachable mass.

For temperature control, I'm still deciding whether to just use current to contract the coil, or whether to go with a pump and controlled temperature water-drizzle system.  I'm concerned that simply attaching a thermocouple to the spring could lose a good deal of measurement precision.  Oh well, we'll just have to see.

Using electricity to actuate the SMA's is abundantly inefficient.
It has niche market value in robotics, but these robots use a lot of energy.
Something to the tune of 12v / 2 A (20-25 Watts)
Where-as raw temperature differences of ~20-40 degrees can do the same thing.

I was fixing a shower-rod, slipped and hit my head on the sink. When i came to, that's when i had the idea for the "Flux Capacitor", Which makes Perpetual Motion possible.

ramset

will be including experiments with Shape memory Polymers too
and low temperature Phase change gasses or gasse which react to charge on the off balance wheel too  [looking for a link from Dow ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQqpnAKf9cM 

to be clear ...all will be to teach the kids the "what ifs" and get them away from The Mind numbing ...hand held mental handcuffs which are making them into Drones...

obviously there will be other threads here as these experiments get sorted

we have amazing resources in this open source community ,and many wonderful experimenters ,engineers and scientists

respectfully
Chet K
Whats for yah ne're go bye yah
Thanks Grandma