Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Can someone explain what's going on here?

Started by rukiddingme, August 22, 2012, 09:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pirate88179

See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

Pirate88179

Quote from: TinselKoala on August 25, 2012, 03:56:19 AM
Maybe not, you could be talking about one of Sandy Kidd's demonstrations. Again, not faked, exactly, but not what it seems either.

http://www.gyroscopes.org/propulsion.asp

That looks a lot like what I remember.  It was a long time ago when I saw the documentary.

Thanks,

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

TinselKoala

Quote from: Lakes on August 25, 2012, 05:04:45 AM
I seem to remember Tk had a video... something like a motor on a gimbal mounted on a rod of some sort.
Yes, I think you mean the one where I took a powered aircraft gyro in its housing but out of its own gimbals, and mounted it so that it could be driven around an axis at right angles to its rotation axis, but around the same center, with power fed thru sliprings. This was hung out on a pivoted arm/yoke assembly that "gyrated" in interesting ways when the precession motor was turned on. That is also an illustration of forced precession but is more complicated than Laithewaite's simple demonstration of forced precession around the gyro's natural precession axis. I call that demo the "drunken robot".

TinselKoala

Quote from: Pirate88179 on August 25, 2012, 02:45:20 PM
That looks a lot like what I remember.  It was a long time ago when I saw the documentary.

Thanks,

Bill
You're welcome.

Kidd used a counterbalance system, where most of the weight of his gyro assembly was taken up by a cord running up over a set of pulleys over to a counterbalance weight. So when the gyro system was spinning... or vibrating.... the apparent weight of the system would decrease enough for the counterweight to descend, pulling the gyro system up, looking like it was truly levitating. This isn't a real deception on Sandy's part... he was entirely sincere and worked really hard for many years, and maybe still is. But it is self-deception nevertheless, as a vibrating system would behave the same way without gyros at all, just from getting the vibrations right. As is amply shown by the many Dean Drives, Cox Drives, Tolchin devices and other inertial or propellantless propulsion / antigravity systems out there.

Incidentally, the same sort of counterweight lift system was used by TTBrown in his electric flying saucer demonstrations. The heavy saucer electrodes weren't lifted completely by his field effects or corona winds.... just enough lift was required to allow the counterweight to start descending. The CW is what lifted most of the weight of the apparatus.

sparks

Quote from: Pirate88179 on August 25, 2012, 12:45:47 PM
Which way is the top spinning?

Bill
doesn't matter-hint train tracks going north and south has one rail worn more than the other
Think Legacy
A spark gap is cold cold cold
Space is a hot hot liquid
Spread the Love