Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Probality of God

Started by Newton II, September 14, 2012, 01:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magluvin

Quote from: CuriousChris on November 02, 2012, 12:04:27 AM
No Mags, I don't jest.

You started well but descended into the above tripe. On the other hand gravity started really poorly but actually improved into a worthwhile adversary. Gravity actually made sense and was not attempting to dodge the questions he could not fathom.

Bruce just ranted. with no real content worth considering.

You did try and some stuff you said was worth reading, but by comparison Gravity for someone who believes that silly video actually made sense to me. he was wrong but I can follow his logic.

To the Angels...
When he gave the angels free will did he make them dumb as well?.  Or is your understanding of "free will" as the desire to do wrong?

Why would a perfect God where no thing is unseen, make a creature man or angel that would fail. Why would a JUST God create a creature where he knows he will have to punish them by abandoning them or put them to the fires of hell for eternity, whichever hell you happen to believe in. Is that a just God? Is that Perfection?

A just and perfect God who knew no matter what he did it would fail. Because either he gave them free will or he made them automatons would choose to stay alone in the nothing. he would not could not banish the majority of his creation to hell.

Or is Gods love different? does God only love himself and therefore his only intention is to create beings to worship him without reservation. Thus he has succeeded with you and failed with me. You see I am an individual. as an individual God doesn't want me as I am not going to worship a vain and self infatuated God.

And you failed to follow my logic that free will and miracles don't coexist well. So when you want miracles you bring them forth when you want free will you do likewise.

You call me a fool and yet believe without reservation children's stories. I ask who is the real fool?

"You started well but descended into the above tripe."
Well I dont want to waste too much time on your garbage.  ;)

Yay, GB wins!!   Like I respect your logic.  ::)

"Bruce just ranted. with no real content worth considering."

Yet you reply to his posts. Hypocrite?  ;)   Or you just couldnt let them go unanswered?
Your doing so well here. ???

"To the Angels...
When he gave the angels free will did he make them dumb as well?.  Or is your understanding of "free will" as the desire to do wrong?
"
Dumb as well? And you are perfect I suppose.  Do we have free will? Do you have free will? Are you dumb? Do you know somebody that is dumb? Are you saying that you have free will and your dumb friend doesnt have the free will to do dumb things?
You know nothing.

"Why would a perfect God where no thing is unseen, make a creature man or angel that would fail. Why would a JUST God create a creature where he knows he will have to punish them by abandoning them or put them to the fires of hell for eternity, whichever hell you happen to believe in. Is that a just God? Is that Perfection?
"
Here you show that you do not know what free will is. Nuff said there. You act like you are testing me by asking 'dumb' questions.  ;) Foolishness.

Lets settle this part right here. God does what he does and I do not question him, for he is God.  So save your Nimrod questions for someone that is foolish enough to give you an involved wrong answer.

"A just and perfect God who knew no matter what he did it would fail. Because either he gave them free will or he made them automatons would choose to stay alone in the nothing. he would not could not banish the majority of his creation to hell."

Question all you want. You said you read the Bible. If you did then you know where I stand. So cut the loaded questions.
And there you go again, thinking you can make the rules for God to live by. Reminds me of Lucifer. Yea, thats the ticket. ;) But you wouldnt be able to notice that connection. ;)

"Or is Gods love different? does God only love himself and therefore his only intention is to create beings to worship him without reservation. Thus he has succeeded with you and failed with me. You see I am an individual. as an individual God doesn't want me as I am not going to worship a vain and self infatuated God."

Just like Lucifer would say.  ;)   He has taught you well.

"And you failed to follow my logic that free will and miracles don't coexist well. So when you want miracles you bring them forth when you want free will you do likewise."

Follow your logic? haha. fool. Just because you believe that free will and miracles dont coexist doesnt make it a fact that hey dont coexist. No 'clear' logic that I can see. That logic is your free will doing as you wish. It doesnt mean that you are right, no matter how you wish to twist it. ;)

"You call me a fool and yet believe without reservation children's stories. I ask who is the real fool?"

Thats your 'opinion'. Thats your guess.  Now thats what I call a fool, making up stuff to benefit your case. Which means you dont really have a case if you have to make up circumstanctial fake facts.

Again, you are the fool, and you will recognize it one day, dead or alive, which ever comes first.

And save your commentary on how and when I 'choose' to post. If your post is mostly speculation, then I may not have much to say.  ;)

Magzimus Leviticus

hoptoad

Quote from: Magluvin on November 02, 2012, 12:05:46 AM
Really? The Bible tells us what a fool is. It uses the word 'fool'. If the shoe fits...
Its not a judgement. It is a description.  ;)   If you dont like it, then dont choose to be one. ;)

Magzimus Leviticus

It is a judgmental description. And you're still ignoring your own christ who told you not to judge.

Magluvin

Quote from: CuriousChris on November 02, 2012, 12:11:24 AM
I would not trust any man to write a bible. even if he claimed to do it at gods direction. I simply would not believe him.

I have said this before as well so perhaps it may help you understand my psyche. "I trust science, I do not trust scientists"

If you do not follow my meaning, what I am saying is science as a whole. The collection of the works of many is a reasonable source of trust, individually scientists are but human. they have all the failings of a human, including pride, ego, they make mistakes etc.

This one is laughable...

"Why did 1/3 of the Angels of heaven choose to follow the angel of Light, Lucifer to hell?"

Because they were just like you.  (http://www.overunity.com/Smileys/default/wink.gif) Whether you know it or not. (http://www.overunity.com/Smileys/default/wink.gif)

So the angels in heaven never met God. never had any proof of his existence. only had the claims made by other angels. Never spent any time in heaven.
They were just like me?

According to your theory. I am just like an Angel have seen god and have seen through god. Yeah I guess you are right.

"I would not trust any man to write a bible. even if he claimed to do it at gods direction. I simply would not believe him.
I have said this before as well so perhaps it may help you understand my psyche. "I trust science, I do not trust scientists""

Lol, now your showing your true colors.  ;) You believe the science that was written by scientists you dont trust. ::)   Do you see 'my' logic there? ;)   If thats smart, I should be really scared.  ;)   How does that big toe taste? ;)

"If you do not follow my meaning, what I am saying is science as a whole. The collection of the works of many is a reasonable source of trust, individually scientists are but human. they have all the failings of a human, including pride, ego, they make mistakes etc."

Again, how does the foot taste? You 'trust' the collection of works written by people you dont trust.  Maybe its late and your just tired.  ;)

"
(you said)
This one is laughable...

"Why did 1/3 of the Angels of heaven choose to follow the angel of Light, Lucifer to hell?"

(I said)
'Because they were just like you. '
'Whether you know it or not. '

(then you said)
"So the angels in heaven never met God. never had any proof of his existence. only had the claims made by other angels. Never spent any time in heaven.
They were just like me?" "

You didnt read the Bible. You may know some parts, but you dont know it enough to say anything about it really. Your last statement (then you said) is speculation followed by a question. Twist all you want.

"According to your theory. I am just like an Angel have seen god and have seen through god. Yeah I guess you are right."

I have no idea what you are talking about. Never said I had a theory. Again, making stuff up as you go.

Ok, whats next to come out of that imagination you have there? ;) And you say we are making things up. :o   Look at all the fiction you produce. ;)

Magzimus Leviticus

Qwert

Magluvin, are you sure you refer here to the right quote? Read my post again.

edit

Quote from: Magluvin on November 01, 2012, 11:51:56 PM
If you were to create some self replicating robots, and you gave them the ability to have intelligence and free will, how would their life begin? How would you have their life begin?

If I were to create that, is quite different story: I do not know the future!

Magluvin

Quote from: Qwert on November 02, 2012, 01:34:49 AM

Magluvin, are you sure you refer here to the right quote? Read my post again.

edit

If I were to create that, is quite different story: I do not know the future!

All that robot stuff just came to me while I was writing it. I dont know if it came out all that well, but im sure you get the idea.

What God has planned for us is not known. If you could see and know God and he said that we must not try to figure out his plan, would you try anyway? Apple anyone?  ;)

Some would. But probably not as many as would if God wasnt around much. ;) him not physically being around allows for more natural free will to happen. Infact there are times that I feel that what CC said about 75%, might be in the ball park.

The robot idea was just to relate to how we might do it if we had a plan to filter free willed souls. We would know that free will can go any which way. So if we were looking to only keep the robot souls that had desired characteristics, what would be the best way of going about it?

Lets say you are the 'creator' of these robots. Should they fear you in order to get them to perform to your criteria? With free will some would be as Lucifer and reject you to your face. Is that a keeper? ;)

Im tired. Its 2 am. Hope that made a bit of sense.

Mags