Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Probality of God

Started by Newton II, September 14, 2012, 01:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magluvin

And the apple bit. I know it wasnt necessarily an apple in the original texts.  ;)

Mags

Magluvin

Quote from: hoptoad on November 02, 2012, 12:53:11 AM
It is a judgmental description. And you're still ignoring your own christ who told you not to judge.

Its funny the nonbeliever judge using the Bible in their favor.

The Bible says that people like you that preach against God are fools. In a way, that puts you in a class of people, the fools. ;)   And its just so that others might know when they come here, whom they are dealing with.  ;)

Magzimus Leviticus

CuriousChris

Quote from: Magluvin on November 02, 2012, 01:25:22 AM
"I would not trust any man to write a bible. even if he claimed to do it at gods direction. I simply would not believe him.
I have said this before as well so perhaps it may help you understand my psyche. "I trust science, I do not trust scientists""

Lol, now your showing your true colors.  ;) You believe the science that was written by scientists you dont trust. ::)   Do you see 'my' logic there? ;)   If thats smart, I should be really scared.  ;)   How does that big toe taste? ;)

"If you do not follow my meaning, what I am saying is science as a whole. The collection of the works of many is a reasonable source of trust, individually scientists are but human. they have all the failings of a human, including pride, ego, they make mistakes etc."

Again, how does the foot taste? You 'trust' the collection of works written by people you dont trust.  Maybe its late and your just tired.  ;)

"
(you said)
This one is laughable...

"Why did 1/3 of the Angels of heaven choose to follow the angel of Light, Lucifer to hell?"

(I said)
'Because they were just like you. '
'Whether you know it or not. '

(then you said)
"So the angels in heaven never met God. never had any proof of his existence. only had the claims made by other angels. Never spent any time in heaven.
They were just like me?" "

You didnt read the Bible. You may know some parts, but you dont know it enough to say anything about it really. Your last statement (then you said) is speculation followed by a question. Twist all you want.

"According to your theory. I am just like an Angel have seen god and have seen through god. Yeah I guess you are right."

I have no idea what you are talking about. Never said I had a theory. Again, making stuff up as you go.

Ok, whats next to come out of that imagination you have there? ;) And you say we are making things up. :o   Look at all the fiction you produce. ;)

Magzimus Leviticus

You are showing your inability to follow simple logic. but oh well I'll try again

I don't trust any scientists individually. I trust science as a collective. Individual mistakes are smeared out by the collective, its called peer review and the scientific method. If you don't understand that I cannot help. I am sure you do but are playing children's games, so be it.

Oh My you got me about bruce. I try to answer Bruce when he is not ranting so much. sometimes its worth commenting on, but mostly its a rant. as yours are descending into.

Yeah I did read the bible, but I'll happily admit I am rusty after 30 years, its not so fresh anymore. I'll look up what I need to know but I don't need to recite it verse for verse.

YOU claimed I am like an angel and angels are like me (your theory),  I suppose you can provide a reference? But be that as it may, I was commenting on your apparent lack of ability to follow simple logic. I said Angels Know God. not just "believe" they do as in your case. They look unto him, They reside in heaven (when not wandering highways), They are most unlike me and you, just on the basis of experience alone, They are as far as I am aware immortal.

Gravity claims they are superior and we are just as animals to them. So obviously you do not agree with gravity or you don't mind flip flopping as it suits. Of course Gravity says the bible shows Angels are capable of lust and immoral deeds (beastiality), I for one believe him.

They cannot be just like me purely because...
I have never met god, resided in heaven and looked into his face. BUT if angels existed and I was an angel and I looked upon God. Then I would require no proof of his existence, I would have it. Therefore I would not be so foolish as to take up with Lucifer. Perhaps you might if Lucifers argument was sufficiently persuasive, and you "wanted to believe it".

You have completely and utterly failed in your attempt to explain why 1/3 of the Angels would choose to do something so obviously not in their own interest.

That is why I say you have descended to ranting. your response makes no sense whatsoever. Perhaps Chet has more insight than you. I await his answer.

I said before I once had high hopes for you. that you would mount a logical defence. that I'd enjoy sparring with you. But you didnt, when it got to hard you simply avoid answers or drop one line meaningless (flippant) responses like.
Quote'Because they were just like you. Whether you know it or not. '

Bruce_TPU in case you are wondering why I call your comments rants. It is because your logic is circular. As often is Gravities. Which is to say you claim the proof of god is god. You must believe in God before you can believe in God, A more elongated version of this circular logic is "God wrote the bible therefore the bible is true and we know God exists because he is in the bible".

That just does not make sense.

hoptoad

Quote from: Magluvin on November 02, 2012, 02:25:23 AM
Its funny the nonbeliever judge using the Bible in their favor.

The Bible says that people like you that preach against God are fools. In a way, that puts you in a class of people, the fools. ;)   And its just so that others might know when they come here, whom they are dealing with.  ;)

Magzimus Leviticus

And you're still ignoring your own christ. I have not preached against your god. I have in no way denigrated it, or your beliefs.
I will state again in simple terms so you can understand. I don't believe in your god, but I have never attempted to dissuade you from your beliefs. Now how does that translate into preaching against god?

You're very good at segways, and very poor in humility.

You claim to follow christ. If so then do as your christ says. Be humble and do not judge.
If you are not prepared to follow your own god's directions, you shouldn't be surprised that non believers aren't either.

You seem to want to usurp your own god's authority by acting as judge on its behalf.

hoptoad

Quote from: CuriousChris on November 02, 2012, 03:06:14 AM
snip...
That just does not make sense.

Within the circle it makes perfect sense.
Here's some circular logic and self fulfilling prophecies to ponder.

"The world will end tomorrow, unless it doesn't."  or  "On Tuesday it will be cloudy with rain, unless it's sunny and dry all day."

or

Rule 1. I am the boss.
Rule 2. The boss is always right, for further information refer to rule 1.
Rule 3. In the event of confusion over rule 1, refer to rule 2.