Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Probality of God

Started by Newton II, September 14, 2012, 01:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoptoad

Quote from: Gwandau on December 08, 2012, 07:16:22 AM
snip...
The very concept of "design" is giving rise to so many different preconceptions, which I personally think is the main reason for the reaction against it.

To many people, scientists not excluded, "design" means there must be an objectified personal entity being the maker of the design.
snip...

As Wilby has pointed out, it helps to have the same definition of a word (in context), to create a dialogue that is mutually accessible and understandable.

For example, where many people may use the word 'design' in the context of 'observing emergent structural design' arising from chemo synthesis, I would use the word pattern, as in -  'observing emergent structural pattern'.

The difference is a minor semantic one, but the intended meaning was the same. However, intention is sometimes misunderstood!

I understand your ideas regarding a universal intent, and accept them as possible, even poetically noble, but not necessarily probable.

I try not to get stuck in semantic detail regarding word definitions, but occasionally for clarity, I guess it's necessary.

Thankfully we can rely on Wilby to keep us on a definitive track!

Cheers

hoptoad

Quote from: WilbyInebriated on December 08, 2012, 11:44:32 PM
oh god... ::) here we go again... ::)

acceptance by faith is for the ignorant... please keep your ignorance to yourself.

In rebuttal to my previous post and just for the sake of being semantic .... I think it should be - oh M.G.F.S.M. ! here we go again!

Cheers

WilbyInebriated

Quote from: hoptoad on December 09, 2012, 01:09:18 AM
In rebuttal to my previous post and just for the sake of being semantic .... I think it should be - oh M.G.F.S.M. ! here we go again!

Cheers
r'amen... r'amen.
There is no news. There's the truth of the signal. What I see. And, there's the puppet theater...
the Parliament jesters foist on the somnambulant public.  - Mr. Universe

onthecuttingedge2005

hypnotism is not excepted unless you submit yourself to it as well. you wanna go around 'believing' your a chicken? just saying......

Cap-Z-ro

I will add one thing though.

For the second time Obomba will be swearing his oath in private.
There has to be something powerful about the bible...else he/they all would just take the oath while lying through their teeth, and the afterward joke about how they pulled it off again.
I'm starting to look at the bible with fresh eyes.
Despite all the crap inserted in it, the main theme seems to retain a powerful meaning.
No... I will not ever attend church again.
Recovering cathoholic.