Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Probality of God

Started by Newton II, September 14, 2012, 01:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gravityblock

People of the past, and as they do today, use numbers to predict the future.  This isn't allowed, because mankind alone isn't capable of correctly predicting the future with or without numbers, thus it leads people astray.  However, God can correctly predict the future, so this isn't considered divination.  Please note, God only used numbers in the message itself and to deliver this message.  The numbers themselves didn't aid God in correctly predicting the future.  Big difference!  If you're right, and I know you're not, then I wouldn't want to be a banker, an accountant, or anyone else who uses numbers for a living.  In addition to this, anyone who has ever 'observed times', such as a specific time to leave for work, or to meet someone at a specific time, etc. is condemned by your irrational logic.

Gravock
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

Trino Cularoid

Quote from: gravityblock on November 10, 2012, 03:54:01 PM[...] God can correctly predict the future [...]
Not necessarily – or not necessarily all of it...

eatenbyagrue

Quote from: gravityblock on November 10, 2012, 12:17:26 PM
You didn't link the 80 with a particular unit of measurement that will be converted into another unit of measurement which will be passed by law thousands of years from now, in order to get this dimensionless number.  The law for this unit of measurement had to be passed before the message could ever come to light.  How many laws have been passed in regards to units of measurements? 

I am not required to do any of these things.  I can arrive at whatever number I want by whatever means I want, as long as the math adds up in the process.  This is what you are doing with the Noah's Ark measurements.  Where does it say that the numbers used for Noah's Ark must somehow equate to English measurements of distance?  You just decided that they are related.  Just like I am deciding that the digits of 80, when added up, relate to the number of planets in the solar system.  Your decision was arbitrary, and so is mine.

And I am sorry, but I do not take your opinion of Mercury.  There is a concensus among virtually all the world's astronomers that Mercury qualifies as a planet.  It has cleared out all other objects in its orbit, and has whatever size characteristics and so forth that make a planet.  So until there is a world concesus otherwise, Mercury is a planet, and Jules Verne correctly divined that it would be, and therefore Around the World in 80 Days must have been inspired by God Almighty, and anything to the contrary I dub heresy!

gravityblock

Quote from: eatenbyagrue on November 10, 2012, 04:34:39 PM

I am not required to do any of these things.  I can arrive at whatever number I want by whatever means I want, as long as the math adds up in the process.  This is what you are doing with the Noah's Ark measurements.  Where does it say that the numbers used for Noah's Ark must somehow equate to English measurements of distance?  You just decided that they are related.  Just like I am deciding that the digits of 80, when added up, relate to the number of planets in the solar system.  Your decision was arbitrary, and so is mine.

And I am sorry, but I do not take your opinion of Mercury.  There is a concensus among virtually all the world's astronomers that Mercury qualifies as a planet.  It has cleared out all other objects in its orbit, and has whatever size characteristics and so forth that make a planet.  So until there is a world concesus otherwise, Mercury is a planet, and Jules Verne correctly divined that it would be, and therefore Around the World in 80 Days must have been inspired by God Almighty, and anything to the contrary I dub heresy!

Mercury has the properties of a satellite orbiting a planet, and not the properties of planets orbiting the sun.  It has nothing to do with size characteristics as you wrongly stated.  I'm in a hurry, and I may be gone for a day or two.  However, I will give your last post more attention when I get back.  A world consensus isn't needed for what it is, and that is being a satellite of the sun.  If the world wants to call a dog a horse, then so be it, but it still doesn't change the fact that the dog is a different species than a horse.

Gravock
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

TinselKoala

I just have to ask for clarification... .just how is a planet orbiting a sun, not a satellite of the sun? What is the difference between a planet and a satellite?

I think that the term "satellite" includes planets, since they are orbiting about a primary. And it also could even include suns, if they are orbiting another star. The Milky Way has several satellite galaxies, in fact.