Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Bob O'Neil Air Engine

Started by Motorcoach1, December 25, 2012, 03:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Think it might work ?

1 (33.3%)
Dislike
1 (33.3%)
I'm going to try to build it !
1 (33.3%)
I  here for my own intrest.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Motorcoach1

Over the last 5 years I've been working on some of my own engine designs. I looked at just about everything avalible on the Bob O'Neal designs and have been disappointed with many peoples explanations on how this engine runs. 
   Even though it said in the patent [ compressor ] that does not mean it runs on comprest air.  If you look closely at the drawings , you will see the check valves,  will not let compressed air into the cylinders.
   It takes much less work to pull a vaccume to do work , than try to compress volumes of air to do the same work. Compressed air in this operation is the waist product [exhaust] . This doest not mean we do not use some of this waist exhaust.   

If their is more intrest this topic let mo know  via e-mail , Mike                             

AlanA

Hi Motorcoach1,
your opinion is very intersting. I know the Bob Neal patent. I studied it years ago. But does not know if it works. Later I found the side of Scott Robinson (aircaraccess.com). I think you know them too. He seems to be very busy but could not replicate the Neal engine. It could also be that the Neal engine never worked ... :( Because there are tons of patents out ...

Greetings
Alana

Tom Booth

Quote from: Motorcoach1 on December 25, 2012, 03:33:33 PM
   Over the last 5 years I've been working on some of my own engine designs. I looked at just about everything avalible on the Bob O'Neal designs and have been disappointed with many peoples explanations on how this engine runs. 
   Even though it said in the patent [ compressor ] that does not mean it runs on comprest air.  If you look closely at the drawings , you will see the check valves,  will not let compressed air into the cylinders.
   It takes much less work to pull a vaccume to do work , than try to compress volumes of air to do the same work. Compressed air in this operation is the waist product [exhaust] . This doest not mean we do not use some of this waist exhaust.   

If their is more intrest this topic let mo know  via e-mail , Mike                             

I might be interested in discussing this here as I do have an interest in the topic, but why "via e-mail" ?

And anyway, it does not appear that you have provided any e-mail, here or in your profile.

Motorcoach1

[ personal messages get forwareded to my e-mail ]

Thank you for the intrest in this subject. I'm sure most have studied the patents and know some history about this type engine. All I can say is patents do not contain Intaulectual Property.

Ok lets get started on how I belive the air cycle works in [ 1 ] cylinder.

We will start the cycle with the piston at BDC [ bottom dead center ]
   1- A vacume is now pulled in the cylinder pulling the piston up. As the piston is at TDC [ top dead center ] it will pull the strongest vacume. At this time the check valve in the head opens for about 1/5 of a second { based on 120 rpm's runnig }

2- Say we have 3 cubic inches in the cylinder and that is being evacuated , as the piston reaches TDC and pulls full vacume the valve opens [ vaccume break ] and shuts within the 1/5th second we now have 3 and 1/8 cubic inches of air evacuared.  Maybe a little more air.

3- Now that evacuated air is quite cold , cold air is dence and takes up a lot less space than hot air, and store it for future use say in 2 or 3 minutes.

Lets go back to the head check valve opening for that 1/5 second.  As we evacuated the cylinder , we did not get all the ambiant air. The rest left in the cylinder is now an air spring to work for us at BDC. in the UP stroke.

WILL COVER THE BOTTON PISTON STROKE IN ANOTHER TRANSMISSION . See if you can find maxwells demond in this thread.

Cheers Mike
PS; be nice or be gone you have been warned .................

Motorcoach1

This is part 2

The ICE engine is a brute force combustion . The same engine modifed is more of a dance.

1- We are at the TDC and returning the piston to BDC . Now lets take a look at that 1/5sec ambiant air intake [ the part that did not get evacuated ] . This is the eqlizer air spring keeping the piston floation as it hits BDC. or other wise keep things from collideing .
  2- During the pistion travel to BDC , it is being evacuated as in the up stroke , it has the little 1/5 damper [ air spring ]

3- As the piston reaches the BDC stroke , we have our compressed air valve. [ remember that 1/5sec  ? , that cold air went to our insulated tank for future use ]
      Now we need to start the dance.

4- We take some very cold condenced air from our insulated tank and as Bob Neil does [ but not in the patent ] we heat this air to inject in the BDC stroke to push the piston up.
      This has to be done at equal pressures on both sides of the piston [ the evacuated side as well as the pressure side ]- we have more compressed air at thie time than we can use so bleed off is nessasry. Remember no more compressed air than is nessary - the dance !

AlanA ; I hope this answers your question about some of the workings on the tank.

I hope to be building a working prototye soon , 1 cylinder runner.
  I have a line on good gast vane pumps cheep so send pm for info if you are building.

thanks Mike        I use the kiss method.