Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

FREE electricity while charging battery

Started by dreamyear, January 14, 2013, 12:35:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

e2matrix

Not sure why you think that is free.   you are paying for the 120 vac.  You are just doing 2 things with what's coming out of the socket.   If I put a pair of wires parallel directly on to the 120 vac outlet and hooked up a battery charger and charged a battery your laptop would still run but you'd be charging the battery a lot faster.  See my point?  Your laptop supply just happens to still be running even though it's probably running on pulsed DC rather than AC - which is likely because they build them to handle a lot of conditions such as crappy non-sine wave AC output from DC inverters in cars.   If you measure the actual output of your laptop adapter you'd see it's putting out less than it does when plugged in straight to the 120 vac.   Or put it on an o-scope to see the difference more clearly.   Sorry but I don't think you've got anything there to get excited about. 

Magluvin

Hey Dream

Nice. ;]

Do you have a multimeter to do some readings?

The charging of the battery, in series with the laptop power supply most likely causes a voltage drop in the line voltage to the laptop power supply.

The power supply may be able to work at lower than line voltage, but probably pulls more current to provide adequate output to the laptop.

So, to see if there is any savings, measure the line voltage and then current of the laptop PS alone connected to the wall. Then, measure the same with the battery charging circuit in series.

With these measurements you can calculate the total coming from the wall in both situations to see if there is a savings. Including the wattage being used to charge the battery.  ;]

Mags

TinselKoala

Every modern laptop power supply nowadays is made to autodetect and run on Japanese, North American, and European mains voltage and frequency.

Running on 100 volts input with full power output is standard, no problem at all.