Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

consideration about converting magnetic flux from a magnet to electric current

Started by kelloggs, January 23, 2013, 08:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelloggs

hi there.

i'm back at the english speaking part of overunity. i wish to gather more opinions about an idea i'm stuck with because it has become pretty quiet in my original thread and i thought by writing this here and in english i could accumulate even more people to pay attention to it. the thread title already tells its main idea. i think there is method to use the magnetic flux of a permanent magnet to produce an electirc current without moving him (like in a generator). It's a simple idea so if anyone else already had it and wrote it down somewhere i would appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction so i can update myself if there is any progress in this idea or if it has been proven to not work.

the description of my consideration is on the picture

truesearch

@kelloggs:

Perhaps I'm not grasping everything that you are describing but doesn't it take a tremendous amount of energy to cool the superconductor-material down to the "superconductor-state"? The magnetic flux would need to cycle on/off for the pickup coil to absorb any energy. The superconductor-material would take energy to reach "superconductor-state" and then it could be allowed to warm back up to be non-superconductor again (which would take environmental energy so that would be "free"). However, it would take more energy again to cool it back off to be "superconductor".

Or am I not understanding?

truesearch

kelloggs

Quote from: truesearch on January 23, 2013, 10:31:06 AM
@kelloggs:

Perhaps I'm not grasping everything that you are describing but doesn't it take a tremendous amount of energy to cool the superconductor-material down to the "superconductor-state"? The magnetic flux would need to cycle on/off for the pickup coil to absorb any energy. The superconductor-material would take energy to reach "superconductor-state" and then it could be allowed to warm back up to be non-superconductor again (which would take environmental energy so that would be "free"). However, it would take more energy again to cool it back off to be "superconductor".

Or am I not understanding?

truesearch

well yes, on earth it costs energy to create such an environment because you have to compress gasses so they turn into liquids and then let them evaporate (which takes away energy) but if we look at this process scientifically it doesnt need energy to cool something. for example if we try this experiment in space the first energy impulse (induction voltage through flux change) would occure while the device is cooling (from room temperature and undergoing the transition temperature) without the input of energy but the produced energy could be used to heat the superconducting material over its superconducting state and we would get another flux change in our magnetic circuit. then we only have to wait until the temperature drops below transition temperature and the circle starts again. cooling does not need energy and it happens naturally. thats what i want to point out.

what would be interesting to know is of course how much energy you get from this flux change. how fast does it occure? how much voltage do you get? how much current can you drive with it and how long?

god damn, it takes ages for me to edit my text until i'm fully satisfied xD

Gwandau

@kellogs,

Wonderful idea, hope nobody have tried it yet and failed.
Since the very idea is to execute the COP>1 effect in "cold space", this idea initially seems mainly theoretical to poor guys like us. But besides just rudely doing the experiment
by cooling the encasement in a lab, there actually seems to be another possibility to implement this.

If I understand you correctly the superconducting material encasement described by you is supposed to trap the magnetic flux by creating a diamagnetic wall known to do the trick in superconductive experiments.

I found an interesting paper by NASA that indicates that maybe it is not neccessary to generate the flux changes by alternating the temperature,
which may take this idea beyond the present theoretical level.

NASA has done some interesting experiments with variable inductance elements using a solenoidal coil on a core of high permeability
jacketed by a superconductive sheath. A background magnetic field is used to switch the superconductive jacket between its superconducting and normal states.
As the jacket switches states the permeability of the total core changes between a perfectly diamagnetic state to one of high permeability.

Link to the NASA paper: http://www.google.se/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=%20trap%20the%20magnetic%20flux%20inside%20the%20superconducting%20material%20encasement&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CDkQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fntrs.nasa.gov%2Farchive%2Fnasa%2Fcasi.ntrs.nasa.gov%2F19690012138_1969012138.pdf&ei=wVAAUbXKFcrbtAaL2oHoDg&usg=AFQjCNEqeTRbUb8h1Da1RtWDO6bVtCCznA&bvm=bv.41248874,d.Yms

But to implement the above described switching technology will for sure need some dire preparations, contrary to your setup which actually seems quite simple.
On the other hand, implementing high frequency flux switching may be what is needed to get some juice out of such a system.

There is only one way to tell if it works really, and that is by performing the experiment. I really don't think anyone can say it does or does not work.

Gwandau

kelloggs

@Gwandau

hmm, actually i like the idea with the magnetic field in the background. i read that too that an external magnetic field can "destroy" the superconducting state. if you switch it on the material is not superconducting and if you switch it off it becomes superconducting again at the same ambient temperature and like you said it's easy to get high on off switching frequencies. the superconducting material is already compromised by the magnetic field of the permanent magnet we have encased so we wont even need much energy to generate a magnetic field that tips the superconducting material over. pretty sweet idea. i'm gonna update my drawing.

hmm but i ask myself if it makes a difference if the magnetic field with which we switch the superconducting state has to be inside or outside the superconducting encasement. i dont want to push "our door" from both sides at the same time xD.