Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Is common air plane flight OU?

Started by schuler, April 11, 2013, 08:37:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fritznien

i get about 50 horsepower to keep the plane up.
the question is how much energy does it take to accelerate 2.5 tons of air to produce 2300 pounds of lift.
do the math.

Pirate88179

Exactly correct that sailplanes can fly with no engine.  Ultralight planes fly with 25 hp.  This is NOT overunity but known physics that I learned while taking flight training.

The Wright brother's plane flew with about 40 hp and it was very heavy and the airfoils were not as great as they are today.

Airplanes fly due to a combination of Bernoulli and Newrton.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

Lakes

schuler

:) Hi  :)

Thank you for all your replies with no exception.

I would like to bring to your attention that faith based argumentation won't convince me. Follows examples that won't change my mind in any direction:

Quote* I have faith that wings do the magic.
* It's not OU due to physics that I've learned but I won't show you my calculation.
* I have faith that OU is impossible.
* I have attended to some cool classes and you should believe me.

fritznien, thank you for starting the debate in terms of numbers. I personally prefer numbers than faith. So, here we go:

http://www.convert-measurement-units.com/convert+Horsepower+to+Kilogram-force+meter.php
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horsepower

2300 libs = 1043 kg. Therefore, we need 1043kgf to sustain the flight.
1HP = 75kgf m/s .
14HP is approximately 1043kgf m/s. We could say that 14 horses could lift a Cessna... The problem is how efficiently the air plane engine converts its own 210 HP into aerodynamic thrust. The resulting thrust is smaller than the weight making impossible for a Cessna a sustained vertical flight (you can try in any flight simulator). In the case you have never tried, you can try this free flight simulator: www.gefs-online.com/ .

In a sustained horizontal flight, drag compensates thrust and lift compensates weight. So, the resulting force is vectorial ZERO. If the resulting force is zero and lift is bigger than thrust, from where comes the extra force?

:) Have Fun :)

fritznien

in flight the force to produce lift is part of the drag. by your numbers we have lots of power for lift.
who said anything about vertical flight,the climb rating on a cesna is 1000 feet per min.
from wiki Cruise speed: 122 kn (140 mph; 226 km/h)
or 62 m/s
you have 14 hp for lift 14*75=1050 kg/m
(1050kg/ms)/62ms=72kg rounded off of thrust to keep it in the air.
all thats required for the plane to fly is for the forward speed to be converted to a much slower
downward speed with much larger mass.could that be your 2.5 tons?
looks like a form of leaverage.
if you want details on this you should be in a forum for fluid dynamics.
fritznien