Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Allow Tesla Motors to sell directly to consumers in all 50 states.

Started by Electrojolt, June 29, 2013, 12:29:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mondrasek

Webby, you must live in California?

Sadly, no, there are no "Tesla Dealerships" where I live.  Tesla only sells direct from the factory to where I live and does not plan to set up dealerships in the rest of the country.  That eliminates a lot of costs from the total price of the vehicle as well as much revenue for the State in which I live.  So that sales model is being banned by some States.  They want Tesla to build dealerships to level the playing field with the other automakers as well as prevent the skirting of the State taxes and other "benefits" the dealerships bring to their locations.

M.

mondrasek

Don't forget the jobs and payroll taxes that a dealership includes!  And YES I would want a dealership service center.  At least until the local private shops can get up to speed on the tech.

I'm not for or against it at the moment.  I have only watched the legal battles on the subject haphazardly as it relates to the automotive business that my work intersects.  I'd be more involved if a Tesla was something I wanted or was able to own right now.  Unfortunately it does not have the range for someone who travels as frequently and as far as my job requires.  I'd be looking at a Volt myself if I was going to switch to a hybrid/electric.  But with all the new and exciting battery technology popping up right now, it might be better to wait?

Either way, I'm not in the market for a new vehicle so I have not given all those questions serious consideration.

M.

Electrojolt

Quote from: webby1 on June 29, 2013, 01:04:54 AM
I can already go down to my local Tesla dealer and buy one,, well if I had enough money, and there are many driving around here, both the little sports car and the large family car,, so are you saying you can not do this in all states due to some laws ??

Auto Dealer Association is trying to prevent Tesla from selling cars directly to customers. In a lot of people's opinion, including mine, the dealer provide nothing positive to customers. Most people hate the buying a car experience from a dealer. I witness my friend buying a Model S and it was such a pleasant experience. no pushing, no trying to sell you extra stuff.  buying a car should be as easy as buying a toaster oven.

Electrojolt

Quote from: webby1 on June 29, 2013, 05:00:19 PM
I agree that some dealers are worse than useless, but some are not.

I have friends that work in dealerships as mechanics, and it seems that most of their work is warranty stuff topped up with up-sales.

Up-sales are those additional things they find that might need to be addressed, at full shop rate and full list price.

I agree that requiring an in state facility should not be a law, it should be the market that dictates whether or not there is one,, let the dollar do the speaking.

I used to work for a Honda Dealer as a Service Advisor, so I know exactly what the Up-Sales are all about. most of the time it is recommendations that are not needed. the problem is that most Service advisor's get paid on commissions, so if they don't up-sell they don't make any money. I was miserable, could not live with my self doing that job and got out of it.