Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

pedal power

Started by Dr, August 03, 2013, 05:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr

@
Lakes: thank you for the web addresses for pedal bikes, I noticed no one was using a large flywheel to smooth out the loading. mmmmmm                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   @Magluvin: I do have air inside the coil! I know it is possible to mix fine metal shavings with epoxy and fill the coils, but this creats heavy cogging, due to magnetic attraction,,but increases the output of the coil. I have aDC motor that I turned with a drill motor, but was really surprised at how much  HEAT that thing put out when hooked to a load, even a small wattage light bulb. I was wondering how it would hold up to long term use , with no cooling air flowing over it? :-\

Magluvin

Quote from: Dr on August 04, 2013, 03:20:53 PM
@
Lakes: thank you for the web addresses for pedal bikes, I noticed no one was using a large flywheel to smooth out the loading. mmmmmm                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   @Magluvin: I do have air inside the coil! I know it is possible to mix fine metal shavings with epoxy and fill the coils, but this creats heavy cogging, due to magnetic attraction,,but increases the output of the coil. I have aDC motor that I turned with a drill motor, but was really surprised at how much  HEAT that thing put out when hooked to a load, even a small wattage light bulb. I was wondering how it would hold up to long term use , with no cooling air flowing over it? :-\

Cogging can be smoothed out with asymmetric core centers. Like when one mag is being pulled toward the core, the other is trying to get away from its core. Each coil can have its own rectifier and cap, then you can series parallel as needed. Also like you said epoxy, the mix can be weak to compromise between cog and power out. JB Weld already is magnetic. The 2 part epoxy only the 'metal' part is magnetic. But their 2 part putty sticks, both the outer part and the inner part are magnetic.  You can tape off the coil and just mold it in. 

What size DC motor did you try with the drill?  Cooling fan motors can take some heat. ;) And some of the pancake motors, they are nice and compact and can take or give some good power.

Mags

Dr

Magluvin? I guess that means you take a liking for magnets? cool handle!! My DC motor was from an old mikita cordless drill that I wore out along time ago, actually the chuck was stripped so I tore it apart and saved the motor!  it was 12Volt, I hooked up a 12V light bulb and spun it up with my new cordless drill. the motor got so hot I had to let go pretty quickly, or I would have burned my hand! :o

Dr

Lakes: Those last two that you showed do have flywheels, but they are on the small side and pretty inneffective, as there is no weight concentrated out on the rim. The flywheel I have in mind is  a min. of 5 ft. dia. and weighs at least500lbs. :)