Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Ernst says he has the "goods" on Tesla and has filed a patent

Started by ramset, August 05, 2013, 08:30:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinselKoala

He's not really telling us anything, though, is he? In a way, reading the EF thread reminds me a little of UFOPolitics.

I wish Ernst the best of luck, I can tell he's having fun.... but really, he might like to read what the Corums have to say about Tesla coils and power transmission systems and extra magnifying coils and disruptive discharges and all the rest. He might also like to take note that Tesla moved towards low-aspect-ratio (short fat) coils, and the best modern coils are also low-aspect ratio, only tall enough to keep the main discharge from shorting directly to ground along the secondary itself. My own best coils have aspect ratios of 2 or 3 to one, while it looks like Ernst's coils have ARs of six to ten.
The low aspect ratio keeps more of the secondary wire length within the magnetic field of the primary. The flat primary or conical primary is done as a compromise between optimal coupling and high-voltage flashover from the secondary to the primary. A good secondary coil will already have many kV tension at the height of the primary's top windings, so distance away must increase over optimal magnetic coupling so that you don't get flashover, which is dangerous to equipment and life.  I think the most extreme setup would be nearly flat, like a pancake secondary coil of many turns within a pancake coil primary of one or two turns only wrapped around the outside. We need better insulation though. Oil immersion and some kind of interwinding dielectric like fish paper might work.

Farmhand

Agreed Tinsel. My extra coil can be raised or lowered to change the coupling between the secondary and extra.
The primary loop is a mere 5 mm from the bottom of the secondary and the secondary is 380 mm diameter.

What I need is a better Torus as well. Bigger and smoother.  ;)

I have ten turn tuning coils on the primary and the bottom of the secondary as well as the extra coil height adjustment for more tuning.

Tuning is somewhat important in a tuned resonant transformer. Intermittent sparks at low frequency indicate a high amplitude and highly damped wave. The "Q" factor must be quite low on his setup. mine has a "Q" over 8000 in the oscillating section of the coil. The objective is high "Q" and small damping factor. Want it to ring like a good bell not like a bell caked with mud.

Farmhand

This is what it looks like when the 50-60 Hz comes through the primary, it's not a good situation.

This is an AC supply with series capacitor circuit with a static gap.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8Czq0YZOtA

This is a DC supply with resonant charging circuit and rotary gap at about 650 BPS.
THe smaller coil that is arcing is just connected to the ground and placed near the big powered coil.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rG_Rfqv6O0

Tinsel how are you preventing the grid powering the primary kinda directly.

Is it the blown break rate or do you have some kind of current limiting ?

It's obviously working well going by the blown gap vid I watched the other day.

Being mostly self educated in this field I have neglected to inform myself if a given bell even has a "Quality factor", but I'm sure they must.

conradelektro

Is it possible to turn BS into gold by filing a patent? Would be the first time.

I would rather pray for a miracle. That has worked every now and then.

Greetings, Conrad

pulp

Is it possible to create an artificial atmosphere? If using giant magnifying glass to turn water to steam and when the steam goes up it will turn into water than water will go down and produce electricity?