Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Ernst says he has the "goods" on Tesla and has filed a patent

Started by ramset, August 05, 2013, 08:30:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinselKoala

Quote from: pulp on August 05, 2013, 02:09:30 PM
Is it possible to create an artificial atmosphere? If using giant magnifying glass to turn water to steam and when the steam goes up it will turn into water than water will go down and produce electricity?

Congratulations! You have invented Hydroelectric Power!

Actually I'm just kidding. Some solar power installations do just what you suggest: they use mirrors or lenses to heat up brine to very hot, then use the hot brine to boil water to steam, and then they use the steam to turn turbines which turn generators.

;)

TinselKoala

@Farmhand you are absolutely right about the Q of bells, and your analogy of a mud-caked bell is a great one.

Spending some time on the secondary details, like terminations, smoothness, winding evenness, and coat after coat of insulating varnish will improve the Q of most designs. One mistake that novice coilers make is to terminate the secondary inside the tube form. As I learned, that simply provides a low resistance path inside the coil for the HV to short-out. Many coils that don't seem to be working might just be sparking inside where it can't be seen, due to the terminations through the walls or inside the tube former.

In my coil I don't really have any current limiting in the MOT-DC primary circuit, I just use a big Variac and turn up the input voltage until I see some crazy input current like 10 amps on the clampon. I've blown several fuses in the Variac but now it seems happy with 15A slowblows in there.
The unfiltered, un-de-Q-ed supply from the bridge directly to the primary tank of the coil, with the blown gap, results in a natural break frequency of 120Hz as the DC ripples through its full 3 or 4 kV range at that frequency coming out of the bridge rectifier. You can see this break frequency in my photos: a 1/15 second exposure generally captures 8 individual streamers in a spark.

TinselKoala

@Farmhand: I hope you feel better quickly and that the medical issues resolve soon. I know how that stuff goes, no stranger myself.

If you are going for the CW, no-display-spark kind of system, may I suggest SSTC, solid state systems? You will get the effective break rates you need from mosfets or IGBTs and the higher resonant frequencies with smaller coils and high power throughput. The "Slayer Exciter" is one such small SSTC system, auto-resonating and quite capable of broadcasting power throughout a room without the complications of spark discharges from the secondary. My old TinselKoil 2 is another SSTC of a different variety, optimized for power thruput.

A fast rotary gap at high power is a spectacular thing to see though.... I've had a couple of them come apart on me.... hehe, those were the days...wish I had videos of those experiments, but sadly I don't.

ETA: And too bad about those motherboards! I don't operate my coils inside the house any more for similar reasons.

Farmhand

Yeah I have some 1200 volt IGBT's but can't do the board work at the moment. I have got an Armstrong oscillator for the smaller coils in a 12 volt input type setup that works well.

Here is a picture of 1/15 exposure from my coil, it's frequency is too high for CW with a spark gap for sure. Must be getting an arc per break I think.
And the second one is also 1/15 second but it's a strange really smooth discharge, must have been a fairly high BPS.

Photo bucket is playing up, maybe they want me to pay them something.  :-[

ramset

Ernst Has another movie from the series
here Number 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utFPwae6vVM&feature=youtu.be
thx for looking
Chet
PS
Farmhand I also hope you get better Quick.
Whats for yah ne're go bye yah
Thanks Grandma