Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

2013 Pulsed Motor Build Off Competition Announced

Started by markdansie, August 25, 2013, 02:24:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinman

@ MileHigh
Thanks for your input,and great seguestions there aswell.
What we will be baseing our decisions on as far as points scores go,will be in the next video-comeing soon.
I have show and posted video's on how to take accurate P/in and P/out measurements.It's realy quite simple with your standard ssg type pulse motor,but as we seen in the other PMBO's,some machine's take a bit more to calculate P/in and total P/out-including shaft power. But it can be done,as you know-so we'll see what the competitors come up with lol.

markdansie

I think a TPU can be entered, ask Tinman to answer that.
Excellent suggestions MH
Kind regards
Mark

tinman

The prizes are rolling in,so get ya build shoe's on guy's.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7toAF6l0pCo
Plus a hand held digital oscope has also been donated(new ofcourse).
Here is the thread to the buildoff if anyone wishes to join in.
http://iaec.forumco.com/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=54

MileHigh

A digital caliper!!  OoooOooooooo!

I'm thinking piƱata or a big Christmas stocking, eight feet tall!  Or combine the two!

There are some really nice prizes.

If I was going to build one I would like to try for something that did totally insane speeds.  If you found a nice solid but small aluminum wheel rim, say about eight inches in diameter, that would be the basis of the build.  Let's assume that you can insert a bearing into the center of the wheel.  You pick a bearing optimized for very high speed and low friction.  I am out of my realm, but I will assume that you can find one.  The whole assembly is solid, like a chunk of metal.

Next thing is to figure out what to insert into the center hole of the bearing.  Suppose you build a T-shaped aluminum magnet holder with stock aluminum extrusions, sink some taps, tighten it all down with those hex machine screws, etc, etc.

Imagine a solid chunk of aluminum that you drop into the bearing, the center of the "T" goes into the bearing and each end of the "T" has mountings to tighten neodymium cylinder magnets into.  Very carefully you drill tiny countersink holes into the magnet cylinders.  You then can secure them into the holders with the pointed ends of machine screws.

Anyway, if you can visualize that rotating "T" with the big cylinder magnets pointing outwards on each end.  Then you set about getting it to rotate at medium speed with a simple setup with just one intention.  You get it perfectly balanced by drilling small amounts of aluminum out of the top of the horizontal "T" shaft.   I don't know how that's done to actually do the balancing, but I will assume it's doable.

Once all that's done, your physical setup is ready.  The next step is to work out some power electronics to make that sucker fly.  When you are dealing with drive coils, you need higher voltage to get high current faster.  So perhaps get six smallish 12-volt batteries.  You don't need to run it for long periods.

So 72 volts and then experiment with coils and electronics and timing and push the speed up as high as you possibly could go.  One way might be to have external power coils that are separate from the drive coils.  So the transistor switches on a big power coil and that charges up.  Then that discharges into the actual drive coil.  In theory you could have big external power coils that fire the two drive coils that push on the big neodymium cylinder magnets.  You cold even have say four power coils, two per drive coil.

Anyway, if everything was balanced, even the two drive coils would have to be "balanced" in the way they push on the rotor magnets.  Lust for speed beckons...

It would be expensive but look at a guy like Russ, he has all the equipment to do it, and he is excellent at simply finding this kind of stuff for free.

Anyway, I think that it would have the potential to get frighteningly fast and those big cylinder magnets (say one inch in diameter) would have to be secured properly.  I am sure there is a way better way to do it than I said.  For example you could make some kind of machined "cup" that they fit into.

Call that a virtual entry into the competition!  The Armchair Redeemer Mark IV.

MileHigh

Pirate88179

MH:

How about 300,000 rpm?  There are several folks that use a simple sphere neo and hit those speeds or higher.  (very dangerous of course)  The highest I have obtained is 16,000 rpm with my Jonny Davro one magnet, no bearing Bedini pulse motor. (Using the Lidmotor transformer coil)

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen