Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

2013 Pulsed Motor Build Off Competition Announced

Started by markdansie, August 25, 2013, 02:24:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markdansie

This year is bigger and better than ever including new rules (no rules) and pulse motors do not have to have electrical input.
This is worthwhile to follow even if you are not into pulse motors.
Russ Gries and Tinman are the organizers.

http://revolution-green.com/2013/08/25/pulse-motor-build-competition/

Kind Regards

lightningengineer

Hi Mark

I know it says "pulsed motor" but can TPU's be entered?  (no moving parts).  Obviously the TPU needs to do work.  1 run battery, a battery being charged and a load being operated.

:)

tinman

Quote from: lightningengineer on August 25, 2013, 04:06:30 AM
Hi Mark

I know it says "pulsed motor" but can TPU's be entered?  (no moving parts).  Obviously the TPU needs to do work.  1 run battery, a battery being charged and a load being operated.

:)
Hi lightningengineer
There is no definition of a pulse motor as such,but a motor must have a rotating shaft in this case.
So unless you can include a rotating shaft of some sort on your TPU,then it cant be used,as it is concidered a solid state device.

lightningengineer

Quote from: tinman on August 25, 2013, 05:06:53 AM
Hi lightningengineer
There is no definition of a pulse motor as such,but a motor must have a rotating shaft in this case.
So unless you can include a rotating shaft of some sort on your TPU,then it cant be used,as it is concidered a solid state device.

No worries.  I will see if I get time to adapt it.

MileHigh

QuoteThere will be two categories, class A. Advanced. and class B. Beginners

I can suggest a few things to up the ante for the advanced class to make it more interesting.

1.  Measure your power input and RPM and then calculate your RPM per watt of input power.  How does it vary for different input power levels?  Can you plot it on a graph?  If it does vary for different input power levels then what is the sweet spot?  How does this compare to other entries?

RPM_Efficiency = RPM/Watts_In

2.  For point #1 above, smaller motors will likely have an advantage over larger motors.  So to even the playing field one way might be to weigh the mass of your rotor in grams.  The idea being that smaller rotors with low mass are likely to spin faster per watt of input power as compared to larger rotors with larger mass so you want to try to find a way to compensate for that.

Weighted_RPM_Efficiency = ( Rotor_Mass x RPM)/Watts_In

3.  You know that air friction increases as the RPM increases.  So if you run your pulse motor at low speed its RPM/Watts_In should be better than if the pulse motor runs at high speed.  Can you actually show this with your measurements?  Are you sure that the change in RPM efficiency is due to increasing air friction alone?  Are there perhaps other effects that come into play when you compare the motor running at low RPM versus high RPM?  Does the timing of the switching come into play?  Does the time it takes to energize the coil itself come into play?

4.  If you are recovering the back spike from the main drive coil and charging the "charging" battery then calculate your charging efficiency.

Charging_Efficiency = Charging_Battery_Output_Power/Source_Battery_Input_Power

Can you demonstrate that you are making proper measurements of the input power and the "charging" battery output power?  How does it compare to the other pulse motors?  Does the charging efficiency change with RPM?  If it does change with RPM can you explain why?  Can you plot it on a graph?

If any advanced keeners out there are up to it, hopefully some of these ideas will make the investigations after the build itself is completed more interesting.

MileHigh