Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

What are these?

Started by Legalizeshemp420, October 19, 2013, 02:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legalizeshemp420

I have had these for 25 to 30+ years and I never found out what they were.  Anyone out there able to enlighten me, please?

If this is the wrong forum I apologize but I could not find a general section.

MileHigh

They might just be zero ohm resistors.  Black = zero.  Try checking with your multimeter.

Pirate88179

I believe MH is correct.  I googled 0 ohm resistors and got this photo.  I have never heard of them before.

Bill

Partial quote from Wiki:

"A zero-ohm link or zero-ohm resistor is a wire link used to connect traces on a printed circuit board that is packaged in the same physical package format as a resistor. This format allows it to be placed on the circuit board using the same automated equipment used to place other resistors, instead of requiring a separate machine to install a jumper or other wire.[1] Zero-ohm resistors may be packaged like cylindrical resistors, or like surface-mount resistors."
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

Legalizeshemp420

Very interesting indeed.  I measured them years ago and saw a dead short and never touched them again until today.

Fascinating, and thanks for the help guys. :)

Pirate88179

Hey, wait a minute.  I read the Wiki entry and got to thinking about it.  If they just used a piece of wire, that would add some resistance to the circuit, so they use these instead.  Does this mean that it has negative resistance such that when added to the wire used to make them equals 0?  Is there such a thing as negative resistance?

What I mean is, if you cut off the wire leads on these and measured the resistance on the thing with the stripe, would it be negative if it totaled zero with the leads?

In other words....how did they do this?

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen