Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Electrostatic motor

Started by d3x0r, November 18, 2013, 04:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

d3x0r

TinselKoala

That's really neat all right!

I especially like the use of the dollar store materials. Even neater would be to get rid of the commercial capacitor and run it on a simple Leyden jar made from a plastic bottle and some foil. The magnetic bearing is a nice touch. I've used needles and small glass test tubes in much the same way.

Even neater than that would be to get rid of the power supply and charge the Leyden jar with an electrostatic generator of some kind, like a small VanDeGraaff machine, also made from dollar store bits and pieces like steel bowls, rubber bands and so on.

The fact that you don't need wires, magnets or precise machining means that devices like these _could_ have been made and used a long long time ago, even perhaps "prehistorically". There are people who think that the Ark of the Covenant could have been an electrostatic capacitor, and the pillars of the Temple of Solomon, electrostatic generators.

There are some easy enhancements that could make LidMotor's esmotor run even better.

The Moore's Dirod powering an enhanced Franklin motor:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqf3bUL4YqE

A little VanDeGraaf machine powering another kind of "cyclotron" free-ball motor, showing some interesting effects:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-aP7sk48jw

The ping-pong balls are coated with a conductive paint containing nickel, that can be found in electronic supply stores. The VanDeGraaff machine uses a little motor from a tape deck, running on a 12 volt battery, and an ordinary rubber band as a belt, with rollers made of teflon or Delrin at one end, and brass or aluminum at the other. Steel bowls are from the Chinese restaurant supply store. I found that the bead chain makes excellent "wiring" because it is large-diameter so doesn't blow off charge like a thin wire would, yet it is conductive and flexible enough for the very high voltages you get. What's a few ohms when you have 50 kV to play with...

;)

If anyone still has CRT monitors, you can get enough power to run motors like LidMotor's by using some foil tape to attach a conductor to the screen. Oleg Jefimenko shows how to make electret "slot" motors that can be powered from an antenna lofted by a balloon.

Electrostatics are great fun... and yes, you can get zapped from the storage devices like capacitors. Commercial caps can store a heavy charge for a long time, too....

d3x0r

Quote from: TinselKoala on November 18, 2013, 07:45:20 AM
(All of it )
Yes, he started with a soft ball of sorts and a franklin bell a few videos ago.

And a bug zapper tesla coil...

I actually have a van de graff now; it's a hand crank... but, was able to put it across a spark gap with a secondary coil .. and have a bad tesla coil :)  Interestingly while it wasn't sparking but was charging the neon would continue to spark... so there was a lot of leakage.  Really need different stuff than stranded wire to use static electricty well.... like if I attach a meter probe with a pointy end on the ground and charge the ball at all, it glows no the top from 4 feet away :)

Then I read more about tesla's obsession with short sparks; so there is a flowing fluid dense/viscous? dielectric (oil) so it cuts the spark extra short....

TO the point that any back EMF from the field collapsing from the coil can't return...

synchro1

Here's a cool one from the Energetic Forum thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JozqtARt7n0

Also, check this site map out for the latest in the highest state of the art: 

http://capindreswebsite.com/electrostatic-motor-menu.html