Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Sebby (self biasing thermal energy converter)

Started by Philip Hardcastle, January 11, 2014, 10:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkE

Pirate, where did you see mention of 10% losses?  I haven't found any mention of specific losses by Philip.

Pirate88179

Quote from: MarkE on January 12, 2014, 11:43:40 PM
Pirate, where did you see mention of 10% losses?  I haven't found any mention of specific losses by Philip.

Copied and pasted from his first post here:

"Sebby devices can generate power by using gas as a fuel and extracting up to 90% of the energy contained therein, ie 3x better economy that an ic engine. "

90% efficient means 10% losses no?

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

profitis

MarkE

Pirate, thanks.  Somehow I read right past that line.  If his machine actually converts 90% of the HHV or even the LHV of a combustion fuel to electricity, then that would be an incredible watershed achievement. 

I am anxious to see what Philip has really done to test his ideas.

MarkE

Profitis, thanks for the link.  That is very interesting stuff.  The headline is ahead of the actual results.  They say that they have proven that the basic thermionic process works but that they tested with much less than optimal materials.  They express confidence that they will be able to identify more suitable materials that will get them solar radiation to electricity conversion efficiencies of between 30% and 50% in concentrator applications.  They say that they can then reclaim waste heat to get a total of about 60% efficiency.  Those are really good numbers.  The best experimental III-V solar cells would be hard pressed to compete with 50%.

Pirate points to where Philip says that he can get an astonishing 90% efficiency.  If he can really do that, then he puts these guys to shame.