Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Silly question about voltage and current

Started by dieter, February 24, 2014, 02:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkE

Quote from: Dave45 on March 05, 2014, 09:16:49 AM
You say electrons are negative and that current flows from neg to pos then turn around and study circuits right the opposite, how can you ever understand whats really happening.

You said we laughed, do you really think that bothers me, I guess that makes me the minority, I like it, I really never fit in anyway and I like to follow my own path.

Ya'll keep patting each other on the back and agreeing and keep paying for something that is free.
Dave, the sign of charge is arbitrary for purposes of circuit analysis.  It is only important to maintain the same convention throughout the analysis.  The vast majority of the world chooses to follow positive current convention for the simple reason that it reduces the number of sign reversals when analyzing a circuit.  Tracking electrons drifting from the negative pole of an energy source say CCW around a circuit is mathematically equivalent to following 'electron holes', IE positve charge CW around the same circuit. This has been explained to you and  illustrated for you.  If the concept still doesn't make sense to you, then please pick up a book on circuit analysis.