Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

The Bessler Wheel, mystery solved.

Started by gurangax, April 24, 2014, 02:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vortex1

I now think I see what the missing ingredient is, besides the clever system of levers and weights, an over center mechanism is added to insure that each component "snaps" into the correct position at the correct time, all controlled by gravity.

This resets each independent mechanism to the proper condition, which is opposite above the axle than it is below it.

When I say "over center mechanism" I am not talking about over the center of the axle (although that is where the action occurs), those skilled in the art of mechanical design know what I mean.

It is a simple spring used in a clever way to create a bit of "hysteresis", otherwise the wheel would be self defeating.

I fully understand why one of the weights must be slightly heavier than the other.

It is the combination of the ingredients that makes it all work.

Anyway it looks very good on paper thus far, now to double and triple check the calculations and build it.

gurangax, would you agree with any of the above points?

Regards, Vortex1

gurangax

Quote from: Vortex1 on May 22, 2014, 10:32:27 AM
I now think I see what the missing ingredient is, besides the clever system of levers and weights, an over center mechanism is added to insure that each component "snaps" into the correct position at the correct time, all controlled by gravity.

This resets each independent mechanism to the proper condition, which is opposite above the axle than it is below it.

When I say "over center mechanism" I am not talking about over the center of the axle (although that is where the action occurs), those skilled in the art of mechanical design know what I mean.

It is a simple spring used in a clever way to create a bit of "hysteresis", otherwise the wheel would be self defeating.

I fully understand why one of the weights must be slightly heavier than the other.

It is the combination of the ingredients that makes it all work.

Anyway it looks very good on paper thus far, now to double and triple check the calculations and build it.

gurangax, would you agree with any of the above points?

Regards, Vortex1

I have a feeling that you might get this idea from MT25 which I told to look it in 3d perspective. I havent look at MT25 in 3d perspective for any possible runner yet, but maybe someone can. in other words the mechanism I am using is different than that. A spring can be used to store the excess energy and released when needed. But for the sake of simplicity Im not using it. as for agreeing with the points I dont see a clear picture of what you meant, maybe a picture will help?

regards

Vortex1

The hysteresis mechanism is tripped by the difference between the two weights depending on whether they are above the axle or below it (inverted).

It can be looked at as preventing the weights from entering a "forbidden state" before the appropriate time.

Yes, a sketch would help, I'm working on that now. Maybe we have two different approaches to the problem....there seem to be many.

gurangax

Quote from: Vortex1 on May 22, 2014, 11:26:58 AM
The hysteresis mechanism is tripped by the difference between the two weights depending on whether they are above the axle or below it (inverted).

It can be looked at as preventing the weights from entering a "forbidden state" before the appropriate time.

Yes, a sketch would help, I'm working on that now. Maybe we have two different approaches to the problem....there seem to be many.

ok cant wait to see your sketch

regards

forest

excuse me, I'm not mechanical man, I'm only simple -minded. but I think this discussing is worthless because no single system of levers or axles or whatever without free movement in space is dumb and impossible to be free running. There must be IMHO a mechanism to throw mass in free air and then the impact of hit is the way to make it unbalanced. That's all I wanted to say, now your turn to propose mechnical solution. If I got it wrong then please correct me gurangax.
The impact noise very closely match with descriptions of working device